Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OnStar made an announcement the other day when I started the car. Something to the effect of "This car has limited OnStar connected services". Have not signed up to any OnStar services. Not even the free trial. What does this announcement mean? Does it occur on periodic basis?
2019 Premier

·
Registered
27 Posts
OnStar made an announcement the other day when I started the car. Something to the effect of "This car has limited OnStar connected services". Have not signed up to any OnStar services. Not even the free trial. What does this announcement mean? Does it occur on periodic basis?
2019 Premier
Mine 2018 Premiere does it too. I assume it’s the system just letting you know it still works and a friendly reminder if you wanna purchase the full service upgrade.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It may also have to do with the cellular network that Onstar uses will be shut down by Dec. 31 2022.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: hatzie

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Several old data and voice networks are supposedly going offline in December 2022.

What network your blondestar unit connects to will vary by year and when the hardware was designed. Do some research.

From the cheap seats it would appear that the cellular phone and data networks in North America are an interesting nightmarish mishmash. That's a good and bad thing at the same time. Maintaining several networks is costly and obnoxious but these are private businesses that apparently can make money doing it this way. Having multiple voice and data networks available at the same time gives us redundancy in this day of nation state hacking of infrastructure. Hopefully the FCC doesn't try to "streamline" the cellular networks spectrum allocations. It would be nice if redundancy in petroleum distribution hadn't been stopped cold in January. That shortsightedness will continue to bite us in the ass. We have lots of enemies. People don't like it when someone else is more successful then they are. Especially the socialized sociopaths that seek political power. I'm afraid that Colonial is just the beginning.

·
Registered
915 Posts
will remote start be available on a 2014 after 22?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts