Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am reporting on my OnStar renewal experience for 2021 since I have seen very few posts online recently.

Procedure: Call 1-888-466-7827. Select the “Renew or Cancel your subscription" option.

Bottom line: After some discussion speaking with OnStar renewal/cancellation team, I was able to get 14 months of OnStar Essentials for $279.93 + state tax. So that is $19.95/month + state tax. Charged my credit card all at once upfront. Remember to call back the day before your expiration date, or standard list rates will apply, which are much higher.

Note: In discussions, they also could offer the OnStar "Protection" only plan for $139 for 14 months + "Remote start" for $104 for 14 months = $243 for 14 months which wasn't a bad overall combo plan. (Protection doesn't include "Stolen Vehicle Assist" which you argue you probably don't need anyway.)

Originally in 2020: I was able to get the packages separately: "Safety & Security" for $149.90 for 14 months and "Remote Access" for $91 for 14 months = $240.90 (and probably plus state tax).

Comparison to previous year: So this is a $40 price bump over last year. If it goes up any higher, I am likely to cancel OnStar, as this is probably my limit of what I am willing to pay.

2014 Chevy Impala LTZ, Red, Only ~30,000 miles

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Sounds about normal. Last time I had it in our Impala was back in 2019 and paid $275 for the year. They had different plan names then but it was the highest plan they had at the time and looking at the plans now it was basically the essential package

Reactions: sk_impala
1 - 2 of 2 Posts