Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here it goes, driving and check engine light comes on and im like obviously WTF any ways i needed to fill up almost dead on e so i figured fill it up and see what happens. Still check engine light on trans is slipping and staying one gear. car was running fine on the highway so i would say unlikely the trans took a crap. But here are all the codes this is the riddle from hell.

codes in order of recieved.

84 Downshift feedback (multiple DTC's)
83 Torque Converter QDM (quad driver module)
82 Shift control Solenoid A (multiple DTC's)
81 Shift control Solenoid B (mu;tiple DTC's)
27 EGR electrical fault QDM (quad driver module)
26 EVAP purge control circuit failure
48 Mass air flow System failure
29 Secondary Airpump Injection circuit- Possible lead no air pump anymore(how do i disable?)
90 TCC enable Fault QDM (quad driver module)

Transmission Codes
34 Map Sensor
53 System voltage too high (perhaps a big one "original alternator") (multiple DTC's)
52 ECM prom error ( Possible ECM failure)
72 Trans output Speed sensor
28 trans Pressure Switch Manifold Problem.

for god sakes help man this is pissing me off

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no rust i did not unplug the wiring harness. It is hard to believe that all 14 codes would set all at one time. However i got 3.688 volts a/c current off of the alternator.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Alright here is the deal the 15 amp EMI fuse blew, paid 125 dollars for that simple diagnosis. Anyways that trips a crapload of codes and such. When driving home i had a little fun and sure enough the fuse blew again. I am guessing that it is in the transmission then. Any ideas? The fuse is #4 in the under hood fuse box. Controls Mass air flow, Auto trans, Secondary air pump, EGR solenoid, Evap purge solenoid, and both o2 sensors. I did a little brake torque and thats what did it in again so i must look for something under the car perhaps a harness fell on one of the headers or one of the solenoids are takin a crap in the transmission hopefully not.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Look over the trannys wiring harness real good. You may have a rubed area that is shorting out the fuse, hopefully.

Your alternator has a problem if you are picking up AC voltage out of it. Sounds like the diodes are almost gone, this will also send the PCM and EMI into a sprial.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright after further investigation check the harness connections by all exhaust and sure enough the b+ on the o2 harness had melted to the header so i removed it and i am going to replace o2 sensor and harness connector and change the passenger side whule im under there. SO if your emi fuse blows garunteed 14 codes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts