Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, been looking for a forum that might have more boxy Caprice guys on it. I am a regular up on the Impalassforum, and while there are several boxy guys there, I tend to be at the top of the tech food chain, and still have lots to learn. I recognize a few usernames on here, so it's not a totally new world here :D. I'm also very active in the MISSL car club here in southeast MI, and just became club president.

Here's a pic of my ride, a 1979 Caprice Coupe.

In May of 2011 is was a stock 305 2-barell car and the original trans was replaced with a TH350. By Dream Cruise 2011, it had a:
2003 Iron 6.0L LQ4 block with LS2 rods and pistons, LS2 heads, and a little 220 ish degree cam and 0.568 lift. Motor is currently carbureted, and installed with mounting brackets that I make and sell for the LS conversion. Oh, and a 3.08 open diff axle out of a 91-96 9c1, but with the 79 9" drums.
Winter 2011-2012 saw these additions of:
1994 4L60E running on as PCS TCM-2000 trans controller
Yank SS3600 converter
1.75" headers flowing into custom fit 3" Pype X-pipe and Spintech mufflers, OTA pipes and tailpipe resonators.
1994 Frame from a 9C, boxed in the middle, notched 1-1/8" around the rear tires and reinforced inboard.
9c1 Rear axle with Moser axles, Eaton posi, 4.10 gears, disc brakes and re-worked brake lines.
94-96 SS front spring with 9C1 rear spring, currentl 9C1 swaybars on boxed lower control arms.
I'm still dialing in the car, but my best is an [email protected] so far.

Gratuitous pics
Right after the 6.0L conversion

Summer 2012, getting ready for an open track session at Waterford Hills Raceway during the ISSCA Nationals. Here it's running some Hoosier Stock car tires on some 15x7's (and 1 15x8).

On the trailer after some test and tuning late October last year. Final runs before we left for Atlanta and the Southern Super Heavy Shootout (sshs12.ecirs.org).

And the old girl with 2-runner up plaques and a "most time slips" plaque at SSHS12 I got 22 time slips that day, ran the wee out of her.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome really nice car and we have a good group of boxy guys on the forum

·
Super Moderator
10,791 Posts
:welcome: Nice box :clap:

·
Registered
303 Posts
:yikes:I love it....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Never enough boxies! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: She's a beaut! Fast too! Can't beat THAT combo!:eek:k3:

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Ive had the distinct honor of seeing the box in action at the heavyweight shootout this past November. Just a fantastic car that spared no one at the track that day. Lol. Welcome sir.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
^^^^:giggle::lol::giggle::lol:^^^^

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Ive had the distinct honor of seeing the box in action at the heavyweight shootout this past November. Just a fantastic car that spared no one at the track that day. Lol. Welcome sir.

:cool::beer::eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
^:giggle::lol:^

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I have only ever seen I think 2 of those bent window cars in person.

On the chassis mods did you do that to protect the rear of the body from twist? I know mine twists up and I would worry about the effect on that glass.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The "glasshouse" as they call it, I see lots of them around here. I wouldn't want to have to pay for a back window replacement on one...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts