Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
It took you longer to type all that out than if you would have just jacked the car up and replaced it. Its that simple. What you remove to get at it depends on how big your arms and hands are. I have a sensor socket that is made to dit all these sensors so I know exactly what socket to grab. It reallt is like a 5 minute job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know exactly what you are working on. Here is the one I dug out of the garbage that I changed this morning. I wasnt trying to be a smart ass. It really is that simple to replace them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have yet so see an 8th gen Impala that was different from any other one with a 3500 or 3900. I havent had to replace on on a 3600 yet so I cant be certain but all other are the same. Its just a matter of how bad you want it. Its very tight but with the proper tools and the willingness to bend some plastic a bit it will come right out. Let me give you my trick.

I keep a ratcheting tie down strap handy. I put one end on the air deflector underneath and the other end I hook on an anchor that I have mounted to the wall in my shop. Cinch that sucker up and start cranking until you feel like it is ready to pop loose. It will go a long way. Now you dont have to sit there and try to hold the damned thing while your arm is wedged up in there to get at it.

Anything solid in front of the car will make a suitable anchor. I put an anchor in the wall because I change a lot of these things.

·
Registered
122 Posts
True but I probably spent about 30 seconds looking for a way to get the air deflector out of the way. I guess I take my intelligence for granted sometimes. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts