Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my caprice when i start the car my oil gauge is at the middle but when i start driving around and my engine heats up it drops down in to the low red zone...or just above it actually..... i know i have an oil leak but it is really small and i still have alot of oil in it because i check the stick every week..... and its been doing it for awhile but i havnt had any oil problems... if u guys could let me know it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Try a thicker oil, How many mile's on the car?. What year? Is it making any odd knocking or ticking from under the hood.?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the lt1s are known to run on low oil pressure mine does the same thing its about middle when cold then right at he red when at stp light ( slthough my car has 230000+ ) but ive heard thats normal running prssure for the lt1s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the lt1s are known to run on low oil pressure mine does the same thing its about middle when cold then right at he red when at stp light ( slthough my car has 230000+ ) but ive heard thats normal running prssure for the lt1s
yea mine does the same thing i put push on the gas and the gauge goes to the middle when i slow down it starts droppingbut hey if its normal then it good for me..... just one less problem for me to fix lol

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine does it too. When you hit the gas it is about half way. At idle, almost in the red. I heard that was normal, but still seems sketchy... Although it has been that way for the last 6 years.

·
Registered
557 Posts
a customer of mine had the same problem so I put a new oil pump in it, and it didn't change much, so I found out the oil pressure switch is actually the culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts