Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drove my car from clinton, ia to milan, il to get the body parts i need for my roadmaster. it ran fine the whole way and its about a hour drive one way. but last nite i got home from work and noticed my wheel well had steam rolling out of it. i popped the hood checked all the hoses that i could see (it was dark outside) and noticed antifreeze was dripping down onto my exhaust system. i looked underneath the car and it had a constant drips of coolant coming from the back of the engine somewhere. i didnt have a chance to take a good look at it today cuz i had to work over and by the time i got home it was dark outside. i asked all the mechanics and a couple buddys of mine what they think. i got answers like bad water pump, bad freeze plug, and blown head gasket. i checked the oil last night though and it didnt look milky at all and i thought with a bad water pump that the car would overheat evey once in a while and it never has. so i really dont know what it could be. do any of you guys have any ideas? ur help would be much appreciated. thanks fellas

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
First check your heater hoses and which side of the engine was the dripping from? If passanger side then also look where the heater core goes through the firewall, you may have a bad heater core. I have seen where the heater core will leak and drain out of the AC evaperator drain. If not it then run the engine and use a bright light to see exactly where the water is coming from.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the car has an LT1 in it, it could also be the factory tee in the heater hose assembly. These are known to get brittle and break with age.

On an unrelated note -- mcnulty, you are in my old neck of the woods. I grew up in Coal Valley and went to high school in Moline. Been to Clinton many times too....Pig Pen....:biggrin:

I moved downstate for a better job about 12 years ago, but I still get back up to the Quad Cities as often as I can, to see friends and family.

If I was still there, I'd shoot up to Clinton and give you a hand!

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts