Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow land yacht drivers!!! My name is Wes, and my handle here and on another couple of forums is ratmonster. I'm a sagitarius, I like long walks on the beach....

Okay, enough of that. I am the proud owner (and not really a sagitarius) of a 1993 Roadmaster Sedan, Limited. Dunno what is so limited about it. But I like it. Everyone assumes it has the LT1, so everyone thinks its hell on wheels. Of course, you guys here know better. I am the second owner of my car, which is still pretty much bone stock. I'd like to do some modifications in the future, but right now the finances simply do not allow. I do have a CD player to install but I'm taking my sweet time getting around to it.

That was probably too long. Anywho, I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy but I do turn a wrench now and again. I work for AutoZone, but that certainly doesn't mean I automatically know much about cars. Just enough to get myself in trouble actually. But I am easy going and laid back, and hopefully I will be a contributor to the mirth, if not the knowledge, at this dot com.

Wes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, Wes! Pics?
None yet, but its not much to look at anyways. Body is straight, only a few small blemishes, but the apint is burnt and it has no hubcaps, just dirty black steel staring back at you. I want to pain the wheels a shinier black and put big chrome nuts on it and chrome trim rings, and paint the car semigloss black. But right now it's dirty maroon. Maybe I'll snag some pics tomorrow, make other forum members feel better about their cars, lol. Anyways, thanks for the quick response, makes me think there must be a good community here!!!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here - sounds like you have a good sense of humor!

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I can tell he does. Only someone with a great sense of humor would have that avatar pic. Ahhh one of my favorite monty movies. Anyways I'm with don. Let's see some pics and see if we could give ya any pointers. Oh yes, and welcome to the forum!

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Welcome Tim... I mean Ratmonster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys! I am making it a point to ruin your website with pics of my car no later than this weekend. Watch your beautiful world crumble! Mwahahahaha!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted some pics in the multimedia forum but they were huge!!! So I am trying it again here, just one pic but my best one by far. Not good with cameras or computers appearantly.

Attachments

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I like it. Looks good man.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Black rims! :thumbsup:

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
^agreed. And maybe even level out the ass with the front.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^agreed. And maybe even level out the ass with the front.:)
I'm too old school for that mang. Gotta have that booty way up in the air. I can't wait until I can get it painted and trim up my wheels a bit. Chrome rings and chrome capped nuts. Then it'll look alot nicer. BTW, love the black wheels on your ride, exactly what I would have done if I owned your car. Super sweet!

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Actually the more I look at it the more I think a pretty nice lookin set of slicks. Not to big. But not to small.:)

And thank you, I love them, not going for the "black person" look. I'm a muscle guy. So mines gonna look like it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I like the color combo....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
What on the RM determined whether or not you got stuck with that huge chrome molding that wrapped aroud the whole car? Was that on the "limited" models only?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What on the RM determined whether or not you got stuck with that huge chrome molding that wrapped aroud the whole car? Was that on the "limited" models only?
They all have it, but the upper section is covered with black plastic trim. After so many years it starts falling off, exposing a gianormous plate of chrome instead of the more "modest" amount exposed with the trim attatched. Personally, its not my thing... but it looks better than the black trim hanging off the sides! It will be painted over when I finally paint the car (I think.)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts