Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Impala and my check engine light came on while I was about 75 miles from home. I pulled over in the next town and found an auto parts place to get the OBD2 code. It posted a code of P0014 Camshaft Position- Timing over Advanced or system performance (Bank-1). My car was running fine so I drove home. No issues. Ran fine, good gas mileage, starts fine, oil is not quite due, etc...
Any Idea what it could be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Ted

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
How many miles? If under 100k miles, just take it to a GM dealer and get it resolved under warranty. My understanding is that this is usually a mechanical problem...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

EDIT: Also - just realized that this is posted in the wrong forum (posted in the "site issue" forum???

·
Registered
247 Posts
Older 3.5L engines have had history of the P0011 CEL coming up pointing to the Camshaft timing position also. In that engine, there is a GM part number 12589784 camshaft actuator magnet that solves the problem if the sensor and wires check out and are fine.

I had the part installed on my 06 3.5L just last week. I sometimes did not have any symptoms at all with smooth engine, but then I started getting surging of the RPM's and some rough acceleration and the code would come up after highway and higher speed trips.

Here is the description for your code:

Possible causes
- Dirty Oil
- Low engine oil level
- Faulty Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Read more: P0014 Chevrolet Exhaust Camshaft Position System Performance OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

which is very similar to the P0011 code description. Look at my thread over on the 8th Gen forum 1088737-camshaft-position-sensor-and-p0011 for some details on the parts that I found. Verify them to your specific engine and parts list for your 13 Impala.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts