Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a catless exhaust, and have 02 simulators :"after the cat" in order to pass inspection. recently Bank 2 sensor two has been getting too low and setting off the CEL with a p161 code. When i removed the simulator i get a reading of 448 mv which will at times drop to 443 this is on a closed loop, will i cause alot of problems by leaving them unplugged? i switched the simulators around from bank 1 and 2 and i still get the same dropping reading on bank to so that in my mind rules out a bad simulator. An ideas???

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Since the cats are gone you won't have any trouble by unplugging the emulators. You will need to find out if the problem is in the power feeding the emulator or if the signal return wire is shorting out to the harness or vehicle before the next emissions test. Leaving them unplugged is just going to keep the "Check Engine" lamp on is all.

Let us know if you keep them plugged in and since they are switch let us know if the code switches as well or stays on the one side. If staying on the one side you might want to check your manifold gasket and exhaust system for any leaks.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The way I understand it, the simulators don't care what the exhaust is doing, they just produce a set voltage to trick the ECM. That being said, a leak shouldn't affect it. You're dead on with the first part, its either going to be in the wiring, a bad connection, or an ECM issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts