Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,just bought a used 2007 impala lt with 3.5 motor. I love this car it even has a power sunroof.Car has 32000 miles on it.The color is black.I notice that it has the factory dexcool in it and I have heard this is bad stuff .Is there any to change over to the green antifreeze without wrecking the water pump?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to I just bought an 06 impala with 26000 on it answer to your antifreeze question alot of the anti freeze companys are going to a universal formula so that may be the solution too your problem but someone here may have more insight on the subject

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Though I would change it out be carefull about not voiding the warranty. This car still has a warranty and the dealer may not want to honor it if the dexcool is not in it.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
While that may void the warranty, switching the coolant to green would probably save the problems altogether. DEXCOOL is garbage and anyone who says diff. should get their head out of their ass, thats why GM is under class action lawsuit over dexcool. They want dexcool in cars so they can profit from repairs caused by it but not covered by warranty.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
thats why GM is under class action lawsuit over dexcool. They want dexcool in cars so they can profit from repairs caused by it but not covered by warranty.

Don't even get me started over this lawsuit.:mad: I believe that GM should pay for all the repairs even after the original warranty is gone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea,I am going to wait untill warranty is up,only 4000 more miles. Then I will change out that nasty dexcool. I have a 2001 buick that had dexcool in it and now I have an intake manifold leak due to dexcool in it.
Thanks for your replies guys.:wink:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've read/seen the horror stories, but havent had any issue w/ DexCool as of yet... But then again, its never in there longer than 10k before it gets changed b/c of mods ;)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
and now I have an intake manifold leak due to dexcool on it.
Chances are it was the cheap plastic intake not the dexcool LOL
The 3.1 /3.4s are great for melting, and the old style 3800 gaskets arent much better. Good news is, if you have the 3800, you can swap the palstic intake for the redesigned Lucerne intake (alum) and "green" gaskets ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts