Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not an Impala, but detailed my Lincoln Sunday. You can see the 2014 LTZ LImited reflection in the doors though. LOL

·
Registered
461 Posts
She's real pretty! I've always loved that colour on that car @TSS. Keep 'er looking good!

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
updated photo.....

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Black & white...didn't get a chance to detail her again before showing us? :D

Looking good! Still one of the best looking MKS out there and great color

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's clean wise guy..........

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the newest addition to the stable - replaced the 2010 Enclave.....

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought it certified with 9900 miles on it. Was a General Motors Executive Car, never registered to an individual. It was loaned to Executives essentially when they came into town. Believe it or not it's actually a little fun to drive with the Turbo and AWD. Not a lot of fun.....but a little...... Tinted the front windows, installed a 3M clear bra, debadged a little, and the biggest modification was eliminating the Auto Stop feature. Already modified it to bypass the auto stop feature. Man I hate that feature ....and the fact that in this vehicle, there was not an off button until 2019. That was a cheap $139 fix that will work for Malibu's as well as Equinox, terrain, Traverse, etc.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I like the white, good looking car. Be careful for "bugs" since those are made in China ;)

RE the Stop/Start, I think it's the dumbest thing in the world and hate it. Even with the off switch, you have to do it EVERY time you start the car which is annoying. A programmed bypass is the best, but Stop/Start should be an option NOT mandatory. Thanks, Obama

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
...but Stop/Start should be an option NOT mandatory.
Could it that, if GM didn't force it to always be on, they would not be able to make the same MPG claims, and hence their CAFE would be lower?

Might be a new aftermarket product possibility: Keep Your Motor Running. (Sounds like a song lyric :) )

Doug

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Could it that, if GM didn't force it to always be on, they would not be able to make the same MPG claims, and hence their CAFE would be lower?

Might be a new aftermarket product possibility: Keep Your Motor Running. (Sounds like a song lyric :) )

Doug

I want to avoid getting too in the political weeds, but...Twas a CAFE doo-dad. I am not at all a fan of CAFE. If consumers want more efficient vehicles they can create a demand for them, if they don't care, then it shouldn't be forced. As TSS mentioned, there are ways to permanently bypass it (including tuning), but it's really just an overall pain and risk for warranty.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, with this bypass module that I got, you don't need to shut it off every time you get in. It's automatically off. In the unlikely event that you actually wandered on for some reason, there is a way to activate it. But the default is always off. I didn't think I had an issue with the auto stop system until I drove the car a couple of times. I really do have an issue with auto stop at this point. I despise it. A number of reasons. Although my wife said she didn't hate it as much as me, the fact that she made absolutely no issue out of the fact that I was buying the bypass module 139 bucks speaks volumes. She's pretty frugal.

And also by bypassing it with the module that I got, it does not in any way shape or form affect the ECM or PCM. No warranty issues. It tricks the car into thinking the hood is open. I fully understand what it's doing at this point, and no there is no dummy light for the hood open....... I didn't have to do anything with the OBD II.... It's all under the hood. Simple plug-and-play install.

DWAYNE: As the picture hosting, photobucket is back up and running at no cost if that's what you choose. I just learned this myself on another forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Not a good pic bit is a pic with the new wheels.
Should I do the calipers silver, white or red. I am not liking the idea of red but it is what everyone else says.
Also on back there are two calipers, parking and standard, parking brake black, silver or white, no chance I would do them red.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Personally, I'd paint them black (or leave them black if they are black already)! :)

I've never understood why people want their brake calipers to stand out... To each their own, I guess...

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
They are badly faded black.
The big black tire/wheel is a bit much to me. Calipers are opposing piston with logos not single piston so they look good painted.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
And also by bypassing it with the module that I got, it does not in any way shape or form affect the ECM or PCM. No warranty issues. It tricks the car into thinking the hood is open.
Doesn't that prevent the remote start from working?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts