Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to do some brain surgery on my Gen-7 BCM transplanting the original 9C3 spec processor to a new BCM board. Reason for this is only a generic flash program is available for the replacement BCM. I smoked the original BCM with a 100 watt VHF 2-way that had a loose mini-UHF connection pumping the energy up the OnStar data line so with no replacement I had to get medieval and break out the stereo microscope and swap the actual processor around. Results? Everything is working once again. I attached some pictures for your entertainment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a blank BCM is around $40 or so but the problem is no one wants to program it for the specific 9C3 options, the excuse I keep getting is it's no longer a "police" vehicle and they don't want the "liability" or it's too old and the software is no longer available... a crock of crap but without the resources I had to take the matters into my own hands. Doing electronics all my life I guess I got good at a few things but I don't have the resources to flash the BCM.

I'm still having issues with a CANbus transceiver somewhere holding up the line, pulled a handful of the Splicepack jumper plugs and going to nip off a pin on each that corresponds with each peripheral dataline coming to the connector, going to make a mess of B-codes but with RFI damage the rules of troubleshooting go out the window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts