Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all :)

My name is Dan and i hail from Western NY,32 years of age.

Recently bought a 2004 9C1 Impala.Its the first W-body for me.Other than that i have mainly just drove 9C1 Caprices and P71 Crown Vics.

I mainly got this Impala due to i wanted to try something different for a change.So far i am very happy with it.Awesome brakes,stiff suspension,torquey V6,the 3.29 gears is a plus too :)

I do have a few mods planed for it,nothing major,just a few mods to wake her up alittle.

*K&N CAI
*PCM reprogram by PCMforless.com
*Hypertech 180* T-stat
*MSD coils
*Optama red top battery (i already have)
*and a few other mods if money permitts

Other than that i'll be doing all the routine maintenance stuff,plugs,wires,seafoam treatment,all filters and fluids if needed.

I do have one question for you guys.Do these 9C1 Impalas have any grease fittings? I know my Crown Vics did not have crap for fittings.My old 9C1 Caprices had many.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
welcome!
Bunch of guys swear by PCMsforLESS on Trailvoy.com, but for 3800s I recommend www.getoverkilled.ca (price is cdn so you're spending ~20% less than advertised ;) ) Might want to take a look at them, i'd also recommend a 2.6" downpipe w/ the cai and tune and a 180* T-stat

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link Detroit :) I have had a few of my old 9C1 Caprices tuned by pcm4less and was always pleased with them.I will however look into that site you posted.

Also what is a 2.6" downpipe? Is that something for the air intake or exhaust? Any pics of what said downpipe looks like?

Side note: I once traveled to Detroit MI for a 9C1 Caprice i bought years ago.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
sorry 2.5" Downpipe (typo on size)

that is the catless model, they also sell one w/ the cat. they elim the stock DP and Ubend (most restrictive parts of our exhaust)
Few other goodies you MAY want to look into later are
1.9 rockers (get the rollers not the modified)
High Velocity Intake Insert (HVIII)

those things + the stuff you have listed should put you in the low 15s (from mid 16s) aka wake the car up nicely ;)

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That downpipe sounds like a no brainer,so i will put that on my must get list ;)

I have been thinking about that HVIII insert,still not sure on that one.I read that it can give you a 30hp gain,thats a pretty bold statement....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts