Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my car will no longer start . damn garbage thing.

I think I may sell it to a pick a part place

a part from the passenger side wheel well came off and the car will no longer start.(maybe self kill switch since I started 2 times in a short amount of time and was on the 3rd starting) I think the engine is now out of sync because of it. Since it was rubbing on the belt .

leaking something as well looks like water has zero smell

I think the belt might be damaged as well. :(

Both round things may have gotten hit by it. seen in the photo

Attachments

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
1. That piece would not affect the starting of your vehicle. I have both of my sides removed.

2. Your engine will only be "out of sync" by jumping timing. I have never heard of this happening on a 3.8. On that note, the timing is run by a chain from the crank to the cam and its under a cover.

3. Your engine will run with the belt damaged, or even removed. It just wont charge and your AC wont work (or any acc).

4. That pulley you are pointing at is the AC system. If you see what seems to be water from around there, it likely is.

5. When you say it wont start, is it atleast turning over but not firing? Have you checked for codes? Have you checked for spark? (nothing over there would prevent your engine from starting, short of a bad crank position sensor.. Is there any wiring damage from the piece of plastic rubbing or coming off? Thats where I would start.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. That piece would not affect the starting of your vehicle. I have both of my sides removed.

2. Your engine will only be "out of sync" by jumping timing. I have never heard of this happening on a 3.8. On that note, the timing is run by a chain from the crank to the cam and its under a cover.

3. Your engine will run with the belt damaged, or even removed. It just wont charge and your AC wont work (or any acc).

4. That pulley you are pointing at is the AC system. If you see what seems to be water from around there, it likely is.

5. When you say it wont start, is it atleast turning over but not firing? Have you checked for codes? Have you checked for spark? (nothing over there would prevent your engine from starting, short of a bad crank position sensor.. Is there any wiring damage from the piece of plastic rubbing or coming off? Thats where I would start.
nothing but silence when taking it to the start
I'll try in the morning. I think it maybe the security system locking out the car

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I would investigate fuses or relays for the starter then. That and codes. If it was a crank sensor (which would be unlikely in this situation), it would still crank.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would investigate fuses or relays for the starter then. That and codes. If it was a crank sensor (which would be unlikely in this situation), it would still crank.
yeah finely got it started. it's making a squealing noise. my guess is the belt has gotten damaged. another 50$ out the door. :gaah: guess I was right about the security system locking me out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts