Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I recently put a Corvette dress up kit on my 94 Caprice and have been trying to clean up the engine bay a bit.. I took the black hose off the passengers side valve cover that runs to the throttle body and replaced it with a small air breather I got at the parts store and capped it at the throttle body.. It wasnt a pcv valve, just a hollow hose.. Is this ok? I was reading some where that I need that to suck bad crap out of the vapors the hot oil puts off or something.. Is the air breather on my valve cover ok, or should I put the less attractive black hose back on? I dont care about emissions, just the life and performance of my engine.. :yahoo:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Its on the other side of the intake.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Its on the actual intake manifold, right below the fuel rail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok. So whats the hose I replaced on the passengers side? Will I be fine with a breather cap on there so long as I cap off the inlet on the thottle body?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's just a breather, it only runs to the TB to burn off the fumes for emissions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I figured it out, but I opted to put the hose back instead of using the aftermarket breather type vent.. it just made more sense to me and seemed like the right way to do it.. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts