Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

2006 impala 3.5l has no heat when idling. but when your driving it the heat blows fine. anyone know the problem?

its the wifes car and shes getting cold

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey all

2006 impala 3.5l has no heat when idling. but when your driving it the heat blows fine. anyone know the problem?

its the wifes car and shes getting cold

any help would be appreciated
not familiar with your year impala but i would check all hoses to heater core and connections, and ensure no leaking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
our '06 does the exact same thing, at idleing it is cold but if you rev it up to around 2500 rpm's then it starts blowing hot agian

·
Registered
16 Posts
years ago I used to put a square piece of cardboard with a circular hole in the middle - right in front of, and against the rad. It gets -40 below here and touches -45 once or twice a winter. It used to help big time. just remember to remove it come spring

·
Registered
557 Posts
you might have an air pocket in the system. This may sound stupid but I've had to jack up the front of the car and then open the rad cap and burp the system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
this happind to a buddy of mine but with a 2003 impala, the problem was that the rad was cracked and had to be replaced.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there no heat while idling ever, or just when it's cold out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
you might have an air pocket in the system. This may sound stupid but I've had to jack up the front of the car and then open the rad cap and burp the system.
You probably have a leak and or low on coolant. If your cooant level is okay and you don't see any leaks, jack up the front end as high as you can and run it with the cap off. Give it a couple of "whomba" "whomba" with the throtle then look down the filler neck and check for bubbles rising to the top. It's best to pressure check the system first. Most shops do that for free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts