Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently just purchased a 2018 impala LS I used to drive a 2015 LT but sadly totaled it by hitting a deer. My old impala had a button on the outside of the car to open the trunk but this one does not. Has anyone ever added the release button to one? If so what parts do I need?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
So I recently just purchased a 2018 impala LS I used to drive a 2015 LT but sadly totaled it by hitting a deer. My old impala had a button on the outside of the car to open the trunk but this one does not. Has anyone ever added the release button to one? If so what parts do I need?
Both Impalas are the new body style?

Attached is a drawing for a 2015 Impala, new body style. It shows the exterior switch for opening the trunk. Above that, it shows RPO code "ATH", which is for the passive entry option. My interpretation of that is that the wire for the switch is only present if the passive entry option was included. That also implies the BCM software is set up to look for the switch closing on pin X6-15. That is, adding the wire and switch does not guarantee the trunk will open when the switch is pushed.

There should be a panel covering the opening where the switch would go. As a double check, you might look behind the panel to see if the wiring is present. The drawing shows a couple of yellow wires for the switch.

HTH.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts