Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the far right HVAC actuator on the passenger side. Now I don't have much defrost action at all. It took over half an hour for the windows to clear. Fan seems to work okay and there is heat. When I did the actuator, I did not disconnect the battery. However I did disconnect it after the install in order to try to resynch the system. I just did this tonight and have not driven the car or tested it yet. I'm visiting my parents and it's their car. Got to leave in a day, so I'd sure like to not leave the car in worse shape than when I arrived. A test drive is in order tomorrow if we don't get snowed in. In the meantime if there are any steps to take or things I need to look at, please speak up.

One other piece of info that I have. When I replaced the actuator, I had to rotate the shaft for the flap maybe a quarter turn forward to get the new actuator to seat properly. I thought that could have been the issue in not allowing the flaps to operate properly, but upon more reading, I tend to think that I may just need to get the system to resynch itself.

Thanks for the help.

Len

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Len, I understand that you're seeking owner advice, so I do hope forum members respond soon with helpful feedback. If you would like any assistance working with a dealer in the meantime, please feel free to send me a private message! I would be happy to locate the Chevrolet dealerships in your area or your parents' area.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts