Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the impala forums but not to impalas. i have located a 65 impala with a 396/325hp auto trans with console. im looking for some help decoding the trim tag and vin tag.

trim tag.

08B
ST 65-16637 STLO25171 BODY
TR 862 S-S PAINT
E2KZSR
3C4
P5W

VIN TAG
166375S295447

thanks for all the help. tate

·
Super Moderator
18,401 Posts
Welcome!!!!!:beer: We want PICS!!! Of the car.....not just the vin tags.....:lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
im new to the impala forums but not to impalas. i have located a 65 impala with a 396/325hp auto trans with console. im looking for some help decoding the trim tag and vin tag.

trim tag.

08B
ST 65-16637 STLO25171 BODY
TR 862 S-S PAINT
E2KZSR
3C4
P5W

VIN TAG
166375S295447

thanks for all the help. tate
Welcome - sounds like a nice car :eek:k3:

This link should help you out: 1958-65 full size Chevy VIN decoder

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you asked and you shall receive. im also wondering what it is worth if someone can give me a ball park idea. is this a common car or something special? thanks again for the help. tate

·
Super Moderator
18,401 Posts
Oh Man I am JEALOUS!What a GREAT find! That can be listed as a "barn" find! Snatch that baby up and save her! Bring her back to LIFE! Looks like an SS to me...Maybe a Sport Coupe...

Power steering, brakes and AC....NICE!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you guys think it is work? i know nothing about these impalas. im currently in the process of building a 66 chevelle ss. this on would be one that would go on the back burner for awhile.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
I would pay 9-12k. I got my 64 SS for 8k in running condition with no rust, AC, 327, auto, and the original under dash tissue box :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rust? What do the floors, frame and trunk floor look like?

I'd hang out at Team Impala (link I posted above). Be careful posting the vin and pics, there are some sharks on the net who will scoop that thing up :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rust? What do the floors, frame and trunk floor look like?

I'd hang out at Team Impala (link I posted above). Be careful posting the vin and pics, there are some sharks on the net who will scoop that thing up :)

i havent got a chance to get it lifted up and check out the underside yet. i didnt find the keys so i couldnt get the trunk open. hoping to learn more this weekend. original owner since mid early 70's. it should be to my house this weekend hopefully!!! thanks for the help. tate

·
Registered
108 Posts
looking at a puppy like that i would have grabbed a shovel and digged a hole to check the floors ......if u dont buy it i want it !!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts