Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no pics yet, just got the car yesterday. I have been an impala fan for quite some time (would have stuck with my cutlass if they hadn't stopped building them). I know that may sound bad, but actually it is a good thing for those of us who don't really like to change. I still love my '02, but was time for a spare vehicle, so I decided on the '12 ltz. I drove it home, and it will sit in the garage until work on Monday. I have been reading through the manual, setting homelink and other misc. items. I cannot, for the life of me, find what the 2 back buttons on the steering wheel behind the cruise buttons do (the right side):dunno:. Quite frankly, I am afraid to try them as I don't wish to hurt anything:oops:. They are gear type pics with a - and + on them respectively.

Yeah, so I may be technologically challenged in this department, but seriously, I have no clue, as the buttons on the front of the wheel already have the - and + for decreasing or increasing cruise speed. So it seemed redundant to have a second set of buttons for that.:confused1:

Thanks for your help, I will get pics as soon as I have "customized" it!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
If you shift the car into L instead of D those buttons control you gears. If you are in stop and go traffic you might only have it go to 4 gears also if on highway and have the car in 6 you can downshift to 5 for quicker pickup. It is in the owners manual.

Welcome need pics before and after

Reactions: the.maiden

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much, just found it, section 9-25! I assumed it should have been with the controls menu, so I guess I made an :icon_butt: of myself!! That's what the hubby thought, but I wanted to make sure that was really what it was!

We plan to get the windows tinted, and I would like to put some clear vinyl over the lights, front of hood, and front of side mirrors (that's where most of the wear and tear happens around here unless, of course, you have an accident). I have more research on the vinyl thing to do before I decide as I do not wish to damage the clear coat.

I really like this car, has the right colors, so many nice features, and, of course, costs much less than new. I have to live on a budget:sad7:, so new is out of the question.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Not a problem I missed it on my first read thru also. Agree on buying used save a lot of money that way.
You should enjoy driving the car nice power and the 6 speed get nice gas mileage.
Hope to see pics soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,793 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome and congrats. You got the top dog, LTZ!

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Can't WAIT to see pics of the car!!! :eek:k3:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! 3M clearbra is the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts