Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just picked up a 2006 Impala LT with 115k miles, it has its quirks that I will hopefully get sorted out, but overall a good car to run to and from work. The three main quirks, the blend door actuator clicks, the armrest latch is broken, and I have front end fluid leak. Obviously the first two are easy enough, but I may be on the prowl for chasing that leak. Also worth noting I have that rpm surge doing down the highway, where it goes up and down like 100 rpm. I don't think it's too big of an issue, trans looks pretty fresh.

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
Welcome!:beer:

Git us some pics!!:nerd

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
Nice color!! Like the 'pala!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it is pretty rough outside, but that is part of the charm.

I had the dealer I bought the car from look at the transmission fluid leak, turned out to be a cooler line fitting, which they said they will replace at no cost because they said it was defective from when they replaced the radiator. But for today, she is really letting the juice out. Its getting fixed tomorrow. I'm still happy with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the car from what I can best tell had no real options other than the alloy wheels. No traction control, no ABS, bench seat, regular CD player, single exhaust. Does have a power driver seat, but otherwise pretty stripped down. I'm ok with that. I bought it as a beater car to save miles on the nice car, 2016 Escape.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Yeah the car from what I can best tell had no real options other than the alloy wheels. No traction control, no ABS, bench seat, regular CD player, single exhaust. Does have a power driver seat, but otherwise pretty stripped down. I'm ok with that. I bought it as a beater car to save miles on the nice car, 2016 Escape.
You do have the split A/C controls, so it's not totally stripped :)

Doug

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah the car from what I can best tell had no real options other than the alloy wheels. No traction control, no ABS, bench seat, regular CD player, single exhaust. Does have a power driver seat, but otherwise pretty stripped down. I'm ok with that. I bought it as a beater car to save miles on the nice car, 2016 Escape.[/QUOTE

Column shift, bench seat, sounds like my 06. Rental rig and I still love mine. Does the VIN have a K in it? If so, then it is flex fuel too (means Variable Valve Timing = VVT). How many miles? Nice looking too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the car from what I can best tell had no real options other than the alloy wheels. No traction control, no ABS, bench seat, regular CD player, single exhaust. Does have a power driver seat, but otherwise pretty stripped down. I'm ok with that. I bought it as a beater car to save miles on the nice car, 2016 Escape.[/QUOTE

Column shift, bench seat, sounds like my 06. Rental rig and I still love mine. Does the VIN have a K in it? If so, then it is flex fuel too (means Variable Valve Timing = VVT). How many miles? Nice looking too.
Yes it's a K code, with the 3.5 liter. I got it with 115,500 miles. Just had the transmission cooler line fitting fixed, and the muffler fell off. Lol. Sounds mean as heck though. Haha.

Its fairly clean inside for its age, outside is mostly a disaster, but that is ok.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts