·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
HMMmm.... I have the BEST equipped BASE here.....HMPF!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Come on, keep to topic fellas. I don't want to sift through funny banter just to see who is achieving their real goals...like losing weight, growing their business, quitting smoking, buying a house, getting back into the studio, imroving guitar playing , drinking less, etc etc. I know we all joke around, but I am taking this thread a little more seriously.

And Wally, I may have said 15 pounds at some point. I was up to 231 at my highest, but got down to 226 before New year. I want to lose 12, as it is a realistic goal and 214 really is a perfect weight for me. I am lean at 214.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No worries - I am as guilty as anyone of joking around, especially on off topic threads. I am just taking this one a little more seriously to both give and receive encouragement. I consider you all my friends here and I don't want to report back next week that I gained weight! I also want to be able to track how others are doing, with real goals. Kind of a support system!

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Agreed! I am still having 'problems' getting to the store for nicotine patches.....

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I just walked a couple of miles at lunch... and then ate a pair of Hostess Cupcakes. :bang:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Agreed! I am still having 'problems' getting to the store for nicotine patches.....
Just make a decision and do it. Tell yourself that you buy the patches today and then Monday you throw out your cigs and start using them - baby steps. I am thinking Monday is better than Saturday to start for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Just make a decision and do it. Tell yourself that you buy the patches today and then Monday you throw out your cigs and start using them - baby steps. I am thinking Monday is better than Saturday to start for some reason.
I have to agree there...Might have a few beers this Satirday....:beer:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
But you can get to the store to buy cigs? Come on man that's weak. What do you smoke? Get some that you don't like as much and smoke less of them while getting on the patch, then use the patch to wein yourself off of that devilish nicotine. Todd 15 pounds, be about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
ima try not to free post and thread jack so much
I know that you are serious, so that's a good "goal" - we will let you know how you are doing. :eek:k3:

I am down to 224.5 and feel good about that. I am really motivated. Not a big loss (-1.5) - but the right direction for approx 4 days of dieting. I would like to lose at least 2 pounds a week for the first month. I think I will weigh in on Fridays. I will somehow blow it on the weekend, every weekend, so Fridays are good. If I don't weigh in on a Friday, somebody give me hell.

Wally, sticking with 12 pounds and then I will see how I feel when I get there. My frame at 6'0" supports 214 with very little body fat. Below 210 and I start to feel bad and lose muscle weight. Not being a boaster here, really hope it does not come across that way, and I have never mentioned it here before in all my years, but I am pretty strong for an old guy - been at it a long time. I workout with 300# benching, and of course can bench significantly more than that for a single lift. 214 is a good weight. Again, please don't take this as anything other than explaining why my "goal" weight might seem high for a barely 6'0" guy.

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
I'm trying to drink less , baby steps for sure.
Quit smoking 33 years ago , tried many times , then just went cold turkey.
It was rough at first , you just need to get over that "hump" and it's clear sailing from then on :eek:k3:

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
My wife is trying to help me lose some weight. She has limited my serving size/number of servings I get at dinner, she is strongly encouraging me to not snack at work except on healthy alternatives, and is asking me to stop drinking coffee and switch fully to Black Tea. I love her, but man I am hungry and dragging ass at work!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'll upload a cd that I made with my guitar teacher. The rhythm part is decent, but please try to ignore the train wreck of the lead. That's pretty much where I am right now. I can write decent rhythm guitar parts but am shit with the lead. As I improve I'll post some more songs. maybe some of them will even have singing.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm trying to drink less , baby steps for sure.
Actually, for me that coincides as well. Hard to lose weight having a cocktail hour when I get home. Cut that all out this week as well. It was more of a routine habit than anything for me.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I'll upload a cd that I made with my guitar teacher. The rhythm part is decent, but please try to ignore the train wreck of the lead. That's pretty much where I am right now. I can write decent rhythm guitar parts but am shit with the lead. As I improve I'll post some more songs. maybe some of them will even have singing.
DO IT! I wanna hear!

41 - 60 of 524 Posts