Impala Forums banner

521 - 524 of 524 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Well my last years resolution didn't go so well right away. But my gf and family kept supporting and pushing me to slow down my drinking.

I was doing good for 2months and then got into a bad streak again.

But now I'm doing even better and no turning back now.

6weeks in of only drinking Friday night each week. Only been drinking a half pint of captain too. My tolerance is not the same anymore. I made the mistake of drinking a few shots over my normal a few weekends ago and didn't eat enough. That was prob the worst hangover I have ever had. But I didn't get sick.

This coming resolution: continue on my great path

·
Super Moderator
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Stick with it ^^. I had my appendix out on 9/24/12. Could not drink after surgery and decided that was a good time to just quit for good. Conveniently, the thought of drinking in the weeks after surgery also made me want to hurl. I was pretty good at drinking before that (Jim Beam). LOL...result was taking weight off and keeping it off, sleeping better, no hangovers, and saving $$. No down side that I have found after 2+ years. Some people (most people) can drink in moderation. When I drank, I had a goal......which should have been an indication to me that I should think about not drinking.... Keep with it.

521 - 524 of 524 Posts