Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new thread idea to keep ourselves and our friends here motivated in whatever they may wish to quit, change, or lose.

I want to lose 12 pounds. Hold me accountable guys!!!!!! I am going to weigh in once a week. Drum roll....... 226 currently. :yikes:

(my goal is my ideal weight of 214)

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Cool. This will be the official thread then. I am hoping to buy my first house this year. Losing some pounds might be a good idea too; but definitely want to buy a house!

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
I'm looking to quit smoking, and to lose some poundage....:giggle:
Let's see haw THAT turns out...

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good goals!

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking to quit smoking, and to lose some poundage....:giggle:
Let's see haw THAT turns out...
that may be tough to do at the same time. I would pick one, achieve your goal, and then go for the second.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
So far mine is to get better at guitar, try to pick up skateboarding/get in shape, and not to get any tickets. There's another one. But can't say it. Haha.

And no, I'm not heavy, I am REALLY skinny, and I hate it. So when I say get into shape I mean muscles and shit. Ya kno?

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lifting weights is something you can do your whole life. I am 42 and feel 25. I attribute it to a lifetime of lifting. No aches or pains like a lot of my contemporaries.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Ny only problem with lifting weights is that im not that kinda guy. I played football and all that. Just not the weight lifter. So imma just pick up skateboarding again.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Get better at guitar, get big, get money. F*** bitches. lol jk. but seriously not crashing and having money to do things would be a good thing.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Very true^

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Get better at guitar, get big, get money. F*** bitches. lol jk. but seriously not crashing and having money to do things would be a good thing.
The same, except for the jk part.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
So far mine is to get better at guitar, try to pick up skateboarding/get in shape, and not to get any tickets. There's another one. But can't say it. Haha.

And no, I'm not heavy, I am REALLY skinny, and I hate it. So when I say get into shape I mean muscles and shit. Ya kno?
my brother plays guitar. hes really good lol hes going to the Music Institute here in San Mateo CA. heres one of his vids haha enjoy! also i think my resolution would be to perfect my air-brushing, speak Spanish more fluently and make more money haha :beer:

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
The same, except for the jk part.
X2 except replace guitar with snowboarding, which I'm makin progress at. Actually I agree with everyone so far. Make more money (which I will thanks to my promotion), quit smoking I guess, speak Spanish more fluently which I have been, oh get my damn degree! I don't need to lose weight tho. I need to gain. But I'm on it. Eatin every three hours and hittin the gym harrrd, and suplementing. Making good progress too. Oh and stop getting tickets

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 days into this, I remain committed to my goal. Eating well, no cocktail hour at home after work. 3 days is easy, the real test is sticking with it. I think I am going to "weigh in" here every week or so. If I stay the same or go up, give me hell.

How is everybody else doing? Its one thing to state our goals, but we also need to keep each other posted as to what we are doing/not doing relative to same - that will keep us motivated.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I have a new goal. I want to get back into the studio. After having a hiatus for almost 6 months, it is time for me to pick up the guitar and get recording again. I met a drummer at Game Stop. I can do all of the guitar and bass parts myself. I just don't like having to pay for studio time or having to pay a drummer.

Here is the last song I did in the Studio with my old band in Cali. I did the leads accept for the first solo. It was actually a duet. The song is has a major '80s feel to it. I am pretty proud of the guitar work I did on this one, especially the solo at the end of the song around the 5:50 mark.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
3 days into this, I remain committed to my goal. Eating well, no cocktail hour at home after work. 3 days is easy, the real test is sticking with it. I think I am going to "weigh in" here every week or so. If I stay the same or go up, give me hell.

How is everybody else doing? Its one thing to state our goals, but we also need to keep each other posted as to what we are doing/not doing relative to same - that will keep us motivated.
good goin todd, but i thought in a different thread you said you wanted to lose 15 pounds and in here you say 12? go for the 15 man cmon. so far all my goals are goin good. theyre not really new years resolutions. just goals i have. some are new, some are old.
I have a new goal. I want to get back into the studio. After having a hiatus for almost 6 months, it is time for me to pick up the guitar and get recording again. I met a drummer at Game Stop. I can do all of the guitar and bass parts myself. I just don't like having to pay for studio time or having to pay a drummer.

Here is the last song I did in the Studio with my old band in Cali. I did the leads accept for the first solo. It was actually a duet. The song is has a major '80s feel to it. I am pretty proud of the guitar work I did on this one, especially the solo at the end of the song around the 5:50 mark.
you need to find someone like yourself. someone who loves music and making music and is also looking for someone to record with. im not saying its easy to find, but that would be ideal. i would love to drum with you man

1 - 20 of 524 Posts