Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:

I have an '07 LT3 with a 3.9 engine and 25,000 miles. I decided to upgrade the springs by purchasing the Eibach kit. I must first say, the car looks great with the lower ride height and performs better than expected in turns. I did keep the original struts since I couldn't find any real performance upgrades in the strut area. I have had the alignment adjusted to compensate for the shorter springs.

My question is....I now have a vibration that shutters the whole car during hard acceleration. Usually the vibration only occurs between 50 & 60 MPHs, and isn't present all the time. I just drove the car for 2hrs at 80MPH and it seems fine until I stand on the gas pedal. Any ideas?

I took it back to the mechanic and he can't find anything and Eibach hasn't been open for me to call and ask them. I am at a loss, and considering putting the original springs back on the car.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Background:

I have an '07 LT3 with a 3.9 engine and 25,000 miles. I decided to upgrade the springs by purchasing the Eibach kit. I must first say, the car looks great with the lower ride height and performs better than expected in turns. I did keep the original struts since I couldn't find any real performance upgrades in the strut area. I have had the alignment adjusted to compensate for the shorter springs.

My question is....I now have a vibration that shutters the whole car during hard acceleration. Usually the vibration only occurs between 50 & 60 MPHs, and isn't present all the time. I just drove the car for 2hrs at 80MPH and it seems fine until I stand on the gas pedal. Any ideas?

I took it back to the mechanic and he can't find anything and Eibach hasn't been open for me to call and ask them. I am at a loss, and considering putting the original springs back on the car.

Thanks for any input!
Check your Trans or Engine Mounts . Also check out your CV Joints and tires. Last thing might be something with your Trans.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts