Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 2005 Impala and I am looking to throw some more power into it. It has a flowmaster exhaust, cool air intake, and bosch platinum 4 spark plugs...and thats about it. I was wanting some suggestions about what I should throw in it next.:smile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes 3800... and not to worried about money, just want more out of the car

·
Registered
358 Posts
yes 3800... and not to worried about money, just want more out of the car

i would go with some pem's,a downpipe/high flowcat/u-bend delete,and i would throw on a hvtb,also an hv3 insert,a 180*,and a good tune!!! i might go with autolite spark plugs i think them r the ones they recomend.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to bad, already printed that out to take to my shop.:wink: I figure id like to have a nice impala from the newer generation...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
unless he goes boost, theres no real reason to switch form the stock delco plugs/wires, they are more than enough to run a N/A car.
X2 on the DP/Exh/Possibly a front power log from ZZP+ a PEM for the rear manifold. HVIII is a great mod for N/A, depending on skill level you could always port your own TB (save some $). after that you're looking at valvetrain upgrade (depending on far you want to take it) with either 1.9RR or a cam.
If you decide you want to cam it, LMK, I have a ZZP GT1 Cam I'd let go for~$200 (300+ship new) >10k on it.
Once you start modding get a tune (getoverkilled.ca does a great job)

Now that we've given you some food for thought, keep us up to date ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, ill keep everyone up to date. Ill post some pictures of the new mods once they are installed. ty for the idea btw

·
Registered
358 Posts
heres whats going on in my garage

more to come soon ;)

no shit dude that motor looks sweet!!

i cant wait 2 see what kind of numbers that thing will put out!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice.... i think you should hurry up and finish that one up so we can see some results:biggrin:

·
Registered
117 Posts
looks mean. that rock should give it some great weight reduction and power :p lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
lol, yea the engine looks great man, did you buy the block or whatever you started with by itself or is it the engine from your 7th gen impala?

·
Registered
117 Posts
hahaha. With that engine, could possibly be a Dixie Chopper :p, just yanking your chain Detroit lol.

I want a right wheel drive car too, but my father wouldnt let me due to our terrible NW Ohio winter conditions. I said i"d just throw some sandbags or something in the trunk to get more lockup. but nonetheless, i take what i can get.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hahaha. With that engine, could possibly be a Dixie Chopper :p, just yanking your chain Detroit lol.

I want a right wheel drive car too, but my father wouldnt let me due to our terrible NW Ohio winter conditions. I said i"d just throw some sandbags or something in the trunk to get more lockup. but nonetheless, i take what i can get.
FWD>RWD in bad weather is a myth LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts