Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys... im new to this forum... to make a long story short i bought a 1995 impala ss in march of this year after 13 years of waiting ( i wanted on since the 1993 car show...) i smatched my truck 3 weeks before... not really knowing what i wanted my wife said the magic words.... ( why dont you go and buy the Impala ss you have wanted for all these years... its about time you stoped talking about it and did something about it...) so i did.... i bought my dream car... a 1995 black Impala SS, 185 000 km on it... never winter driven, original paint, everything is original... exept the chip i installed and the K&N air filter system i bought years back when i came this close to buying one...

so the car is in in my driveway, i drive it to work every day, now i have to look for a winter beater... this car is going to be stored away again this winter... thats my story... hope you liked it..

see ya

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. Be aware of many of the socalled "Chips" which are really either diods or resisters, these try to full the PCM by giving it a set reading, most of them will cause the "Check Engine" MIL lamp to light up after awhile.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a diode inside a little black box... its actually a piece of ?&**... the check engine comes on under load... then it turns of.... i havent noticed any difference.... but the seller claimed a 35hp gain.... ha ha ha... thank god i only paid 10$..... he wanted to sell if for 35$.... im looking for a little more hp for low bucks... i was looking into an exhaust system... some more sound is needed...

what do you guys think??? wich exhaust system should i go for???

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I hear FlowMaster make a good catback exhaust. Not sure what HP gains you will get from it.

RoadMoster may have some good ideas to adding HP to your engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts