Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's going on fellas and ladies
I'm new to the site, from Massachusetts....
I just bought a 2002 impala base model (boooooo) j/k. well anyways had the car for 3 weeks now and to be honest with you i regret it. well not the car, were i got it from bootlegged dealerships out here. well first off the car needed brakes, so they changed it, the second time i got the car back, the check engine light goes on. It had something to do with the catalyst converter so he fixed it.. i get the car back then the car starts shaking and the high beams didn't work so he bought new tie rods and rotors and fixed the high beam.... but the car still shakes, I'm regretting the fact that i bought the car....... well that's my story as a new member in your forum... has anyone had the problem with there car shaking and what caused it to shake......

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

On the shaking, when does it shake? Low speeds, highway driving, braking lite or heavy? It could be the tires need to be rotated and balanced, it may need an alignment, or the brake rotors were not replace, or even something else.

·
Registered
358 Posts
hey man welome. i have an 05 impala and it was shaking while brakin i changed the rotors and pads bam all gone. o and their is a mass meet in brockton MA, on oct19th @ 1:00 in brockton high parking lot, it would be cool if u could stop by. any ? just pm me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.

On the shaking, when does it shake? Low speeds, highway driving, braking lite or heavy? It could be the tires need to be rotated and balanced, it may need an alignment, or the brake rotors were not replace, or even something else.
it shakes in the highway it feels like it's coming from the rear, the rotors were replaced but it could be the tires..... oh and i got a alignment

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Have the tires checked out, they may be out of round and/out of balance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts