Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought a 95 SS impala, how difficult would it be to convert to a floor shifter like the 96? Also if I wanted to have say 20" wheels on the back and 18" in the front woould I have to change the suspension or anythinng like that? Any feedback would be helpful.

SSUPAEL

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The only thing that takes time is wiring it for electronics(back up lights etc..) The rest is just cut and rivet and bolt on. As for the wheels, staggered wheels affect things like the abs/abs light coming on but look ok. Just remember you wont be able to rotate the tires from from to back......unless your going for a new look:cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't go with different size wheels, the ABS doesn't like that. The hard part about converting to a floor shifter nowadays is finding a good '96 console. You might want to swap gauge clusters as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Less hassle staying with the same wheel size, and personally I think these cars look better when the wheels are the same size front and back. This will also get you more life out of your tires because you'll be able to rotate your tires, and the low profile tires you'll need tend to be fairly expensive.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
screw it get 20's in front and 22's in back no u dont have to change suspension these cars like to be updated with the rims they should of came w/ from the factory to set them off and let everyone know ur sitting to a real rwd muscle car !!!!! ( just my take ):biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
screw it get 20's in front and 22's in back no u dont have to change suspension these cars like to be updated with the rims they should of came w/ from the factory to set them off and let everyone know ur sitting to a real rwd muscle car !!!!! ( just my take ):biggrin:

Guess I need big wheels to be part of this "INC" scene.......lol

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
it has nothing to do with the "I.N.C scene" its expresssing yourself in your car and what u do with it ...... like i said its making a statment that the generation of rwd muscle cars hopefully hasnt and will never be lost , i like a stock caprice just like the next guy ( thats y ill buy 2 ) 1 for show 1 for go !!!!!!:biggrin: also I.N.C was created to bring all " bubble owners together to win car shows and show these fwd jap crap cars that we can win and take car show bye storm , your car is def noticed more if u have about 20 of them with all different optiond i.e stock, lifted , lowered, big rims, little rims, whatever ur into:cool:

Guess I need big wheels to be part of this "INC" scene.......lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts