Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Todd here. Detroit native and currently working as a Service Engineer. I have had a love of Impalas since the late 1980's in highschool. I saw my first 1979 2 door fastback/areocoupe with a two tone gray factory paint scheme and rally wheels. Looked very cool running down the road. Ive been hooked ever since. I have yet to own one as other intrests took hold after highschool. I currently owna 2000 Chevy S-10 Xtreme standard cab with the 4 cyl that gets my 25 mpg. Its paid for and very ecomonical on fuel.

I am looking forward to building a 1977-79 2 Door Impala/Caprice sometime within the next 5 years. The itch to build a toy again is almost unbearable. Its also one of the most underbuilt years of impala/caprice as well as less recognized than other years. Everyone builds Donks (Sorry but Yuck) Its about time people really started to let thier imaginations out of the box and really capitalized on the true nature of this body style. Hydraulics and lift kits are dated and EXTREMELY TYPICAL set-ups. When is someone going to step-up and take one of these cars and build one with an LS6/7, T-56, Corner carving suspension , update the interior to more modern looks, with 17" wheels and tires? Or how about an old school look NASCAR with a two tone paint and all the trimings of the NASCAR exterior. Add in a killer 572 and T56 with a 9' rear. Do the www.hotrodstohell.net truck arm suspension the stock cars have. Roll Cage, one or two seats. Modify the body to fit the wheels. Man ive got so many ideas.

Speak up folks I want to hear what you have to say. Are you ok with the TYPICAL BOX Impala/Caprice, or are you ready to blow people away?

Motor City Impala (aka Todd)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I do like the two doors myself, mostly that rear curved window. Have fun with that project.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am new to the site and I am really a Mopar girl, but I am starting to learn more about the bowtie brand. lol

Looking forward to seeing pics of your project!

Gail
NJImpalaGirl

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
NJImpalaGirl, this is intersting. You and I both have Impala's and Mopar daily drivers. I have a 97 Ram B2500 Cargo Van that I use for my work. I bought it at the end of May and put my Impala back in to semi-retirement. My wife uses the Impala at times for her running around. We also prefer to take the Impala on trips because of the roominess it has.

·
Registered
41 Posts
77Impala,

Sounds like we have some things in common! lol

Yes, I am a Mopar girl at heart. I have an '05 Ram 1500 myself, hubby has an '07 SRT-8 Charger, and my son has an '01 Neon. Before that I had a Chrysler Concorde and a Cirrus. I just love the Dodge line. Not real fond of the new Ram, though. I am just so biased to my truck. I think it's the last nice design they have made for a few years.

But, in the end. I love this Impala. I just got her back from the body shop, newly titled and insured to me. Taking her out for my first official ownership ride today and I know my dad would be so proud of her now. I am sure he is looking with a big grin on his face!

Gail
NJImpalaGirl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts