Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Ive been doing alot of reading on this forum and ive been impressed by the knowledge and help from all of the members. I am looking forward to helping anyone with questions and im sure i will be needing some advice as well. I have a 1964 SS red on red with a 327 powerglide. Im in the air force over seas in italy and have lived here for almost three years. I will be relocating to New Mexico in 4 months and i am really excited to get back. I have plans on replacing the 327 powerglide set up with a 496 or 502 and a turbo 350 or 400. As far as wheels and tires, there are so many options...right know i am thinking 20x10 torque thrusts in the back and 18x8 in the front. Has anyone run this wheel and tire combo and if so do i need to mini tube the wheel wells? I will be replacing the drums for CCP big brake kit and Global West suspension. If anyone has already done these upgrades please let me know. Again, i look forward to posting my project as well as helping anyone with questions.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
you dont need to tub your wheels unless u got the wrong offset or u are going with like 22's or bigger ....., 20's should fit no problem!!!!:biggrin:

welcome back to the u.s in 4 months im sure u cant wait

1 - 2 of 2 Posts