Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I do have on Impala now. A 2006 LT 3.5L flexfuel and actually found this forum researching a hopeful buy in the near future. That possibly buy is the reason I am posting here.

I have the chance to purchase a 1961 Impala four door sedan which has been stuck in a garage since the early 80's. With no pictures I know this is a impossible question to ask but I will ask anyway. What is a fair purchase price?

The car. White, four door. Body is in amazingly excellent condition with the rust being just past the front tires, lower lip area of the front fenders on both sides. All of the trim is in tact. No dents anywhere that couldn't be addressed with light body work. The interior is blue in color and complete but of course "rough" from years of service. Glass is all there, no cracks or broken areas or signs of leaking.

Engine, 6cyl with a auto on the column, not running of course but complete and the crank is not siezed. Transmission is of course in need of a complete build from sitting so long. Same as the engine.

Tires, brakes, chassis are of course in need of complete overhauling due to no use in 20+ years and years of service before that.

My background is in the auto industry. I've co-owned a repair shop with my father for 17 years now and we have restored or built a dozen vehicles for ourselves or customers so this isn't new territory for me.

I'm curious as to a fair price for the car. The owner of course has no idea, I'd rather not get the car for free, which I imagine I could, but would like to give him something. I'm not well informed on the pricing for Impalas from this era so what is a fair market price for a car that would need a ground up to be perfect or need major work to be "drivable"?

Thanks for getting threw all that, I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello and Welcome! :smile:

Man, that's a tough one...

I don't have an answer for you.

Maybe someone here does.

Good luck with the purchase!
I know it's a tough one, so no worries if no one is specific. I plan on having pictures of the car Monday morning and up by lunch on Monday. It isn't going anywhere soon and I am first in line for it. According to the owner. It being in town though I am sure others might start wondering and be curious. Since it is a four door it will be taboo to too many people. For me it is perfect. I have the road ripping toys, I'd like a cruiser, this would be perfect.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link, appreciated.

Here is a single picture, just follow to this blog, I had a chance for one shot this afternoon. No front pic but it is clean and there.

I'm not allowed to link so if you follow the link in the signature you can see a picture of the car. Thanks everyone for looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts