Impala Forums banner

New to Impalas

10K views 82 replies 9 participants last post by  SCOTTYINWV 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am so glad that I came across this forum. You guys have some amazing mods and I would love to get on that level. I have a pretty cool idea already, but I could use some answer and tips to get the Impala I envision. I am kind of a nerd and I am going for a classic Sinestro theme. Yeah, the villain from DC comics. I'm going with blue trim and accents and I want all the light to be yellow. I have already ordered a couple of cans of Blaze Blue Plasti Dip. Never used it before, but I'm stoked to see what I can do. But, the yellow lights are my first concern. I can easily find amber lights, but I am concered that they will be more orange than the yellow I am looking for. Also, I am looking at Halos, and I think it would look sick to have yellow halo rings. Can't find them though. I know this is a lot to read with not very much to go off of, but any input would be great. I appreciate it guys.

#3 ·
I will put some pictures up tomorrow. It is all stock right now. I did debadge it today, but I have never done it before. Kinda scuffed up the back end where the Chevy emblem was. I did, however, get the FlexFuel emblem and "Impala" off just fine. I will show it tomorrow. Hopefully its possible to buff it out or something? Do you know of any site that may do color halo rings?

#6 ·
welcome new comer!.

yellow halo rings are going to be hard to find and will be fully custom. you can go for the yellow HID kits if you are trying with your stock headlight assembly.

as far as plastidip goes just have fun with it. its a new experience, if you mess up just peel it off and do it over.

would like to see the before and after pics. so get to it man :eek:k3:

#7 ·
Thanks for the encouragement, Vision. I plan on using all the Plasti Dip when it arrives haha. I'm really excited about this. And thanks for the HID tip. I may have to give up on the Halos, which I have accepted... Any advice on the amber LEDs? Like I said earlier, I want yellow on all my lights, but I am afraid that the amber may be more orange than I would like. Just wondering if you had an opinion.

#8 ·
plastidip everything insight. your families car, your bike, skateboard, and even your cat or dog. :lol: jk...amber LEDs will be orange. best bet is go for the yellow HIDS.

which impala do you exactly have.?

#9 ·
I have a 2013 LS. I just looked at the HID 3000K and I am digging them. I have had Blazers my whole life, and I am really looking forward to customizing this car. I am not very car savvy, so I am looking for any and all opinions. This is something that I really want to get in to. Luckily, I have a great bunch of enthusiasts to help me out :yahoo:
It is frustrating for me right now because I have found yellow LEDs for the interior before :bang: Just gotta keep searching the web haha

#13 ·
best thing is go for the yellow HIDS. you will most likely need the kit to power the lights and put out the wattage yellow bulbs need.

maybe someone else will chime in for the other websites on lights.

#20 ·
No pics of the car due to it being nighttime haha. Its black with chrome around the windows and black interior. The chrome around the window is the only chrome on there. The pics will be posted tomorrow. I will show the aftermath of my debadging. Speaking of which. I scuffed up one of the areas pretty good just from rubbing a clothe on the gunk area. Any way I could buff that out myself?

#23 ·
#24 ·
Normally, I would be down for all black. The thing is that I am trying to stick with this theme. Blue and black with a little bit of chrome, and then the yellow lights. I have a great vision, it's just gonna take some time. But you called it. I would go for the blacked out stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.