Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
idk what box it is all i know is it is in a silverado 2500HD single cab, and it is very loud

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
if i wanted something nice and simple could i go with 1 15 inch jl and a nice amp? don't want to spend too much nor do i need anything too loud

·
Registered
48 Posts
if i wanted something nice and simple could i go with 1 15 inch jl and a nice amp? don't want to spend too much nor do i need anything too loud
Ya 15s are pretty loud so i would recommend something different, most people have get JLs are usually using them to get noticed.... but you could always just turn the amp down if you dont want it too loud either. ITs all about personal preference and how much your willing to spend.

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
wel ya it doesnt take much to figure that one out, ill get some pics of the install up this weekend, and some new car pics

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
ya these pound much harder then those PB M series 12's i had and tht shitty power acoutstik amp, it all still works great but these are much better. Even though i recently found out they are dual 4ohm when i ordered dual 2ohm subs, bought it all from hifisoundconnection.com for 900, but would highly recommend not buying from hifi, if something is wrong there is now way to get it fixed, the replacements are coming from kicker so they should be better for me when i get.
what power acoustik did you have. i got a power acoustik 2200d. its 1ohm stable but im running at less than 1ohm. its a monoblock hooke up to 3 daul 4 ohm kicker cvr's. i lvoe the amp. i doesnt get hot at all and pushs the subs pretty quick

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Ya which style do you have, do you have the all chrome 1500? or the black one? I had the all chrome 2500 and it had the heating issue, then it just completely blew out and thats when i had 2 15 inch CVR kickers... I may need to look into the pc fans, i never thought about that! ill steal your idea and give you the credit when i post about it. But ya i love Hifonics, they're strong and look pretty dope too.
I have the all black hifi 1500. Stinger and other companies make crossflow fans designed for amps but, they are way overpriced for what they are. You can get a 120mm fan that pushes 70+ cfm for around $10. Look on newegg.com for fans, etc. Good prices

Reactions: darealprodigy32

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the all black hifi 1500. Stinger and other companies make crossflow fans designed for amps but, they are way overpriced for what they are. You can get a 120mm fan that pushes 70+ cfm for around $10. Look on newegg.com for fans, etc. Good prices
Nice, I i have the black one, i havent had too many problems with it .. But i will check out newegg today... Thanks

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Nice, I i have the black one, i havent had too many problems with it .. But i will check out newegg today... Thanks
If you are thankful please use the "thanks" button. What comes around goes around :eek:k3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's my lil simple L7 set up 2 L7 12s a external battery, and a hifonics amp 2000 somethin forgot the wattage.

Damn the pics won't post, ill post em later.

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ya this amp wont even dim the lights as bad as the 2 channel amp i think ill be good without a second battery for now

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
i took my 2 12's out and put in 2 10's and am very happy with it.

It all depends what you really want.
i had 2 twelves and they hit pretty good, and the low's were awesome. but now i have 3 tens, the lows are so great but they hit a lot harder and respnd a lot faster with metal music that has double bass. i prefer the tens for normal listening but if i wanted to annoy people i would go 12's lol

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Yes I love the 10's for the double bass as well but they still hang good with the rap.

I have a second battery it's a good insurance policy man,
I got a big deep cycle marine battery in the back powering both my amps never blew a alternator and never have lights dimming.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts