Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new subs and amp today, got me some L7's a custom box and a zx1500.1 amp, this will be a fun install

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
kicker l7's I assume? 12's? How much each did you pay? At least you were smart and went with a monoblock amp. Mono's are much less of an alternator/battery strain. My $300 system is plenty for me. I can set my billfold on my trunk and it will bounce 3+ inches. Way more than I need/want.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
i see you took our advice and invested in some quality audio gear this time instead of the cheap shit and did some homework.

Nice job man cant wait till the install is done:eek:k3::beer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
hahah i got 2 L7 12inch subs and 2200 hifonics amp, ill take pics this weekend. I didnt want anymore than 2 subs because they weight so much, once you install them you feel the weight. I also got external battery installed to help with the power issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
did his home work? come on man kicker isnt even scraching the surface of homework, where i come from we call that a google search not homework.

on the other hand these are decent drivers and decent quality id still never touch em my self :)

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
did his home work? come on man kicker isnt even scraching the surface of homework, where i come from we call that a google search not homework.

on the other hand these are decent drivers and decent quality id still never touch em my self :)
shots fired....

care to tell us why? and what would you go with? lol

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
from what he had this is leaps and bounds in the right direction

no need to come and put other people down without explaining yourself

btw there is always someone with something better.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I love kicker! Take care of them, give them what they want and no more and you'll be set. I got mine all at rms.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
hahah i got 2 L7 12inch subs and 2200 hifonics amp, ill take pics this weekend. I didnt want anymore than 2 subs because they weight so much, once you install them you feel the weight. I also got external battery installed to help with the power issue.
Hifonics huh? Best bang for your buck, I believe! The 1500 which I have has a little overheating problems in the warmer summer time but, to compensate/help I installed 2 120mm pc case fans and have had no issues since even when I push it hard.

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, so I am having a HUGE Argument with hifi sound connection about these subs, I want to make sure I have this right.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIRE A SINGLE 2OHM DVC SUBWOOFER INTO 8OHMS?

last I checked you cant

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the sticker on bottom of em say dual 2, but the ohm meter says dual 4. so ill go with dual 4

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
from what he had this is leaps and bounds in the right direction

no need to come and put other people down without explaining yourself

btw there is always someone with something better.
ya these pound much harder then those PB M series 12's i had and tht shitty power acoutstik amp, it all still works great but these are much better. Even though i recently found out they are dual 4ohm when i ordered dual 2ohm subs, bought it all from hifisoundconnection.com for 900, but would highly recommend not buying from hifi, if something is wrong there is now way to get it fixed, the replacements are coming from kicker so they should be better for me when i get.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hifonics huh? Best bang for your buck, I believe! The 1500 which I have has a little overheating problems in the warmer summer time but, to compensate/help I installed 2 120mm pc case fans and have had no issues since even when I push it hard.
Ya which style do you have, do you have the all chrome 1500? or the black one? I had the all chrome 2500 and it had the heating issue, then it just completely blew out and thats when i had 2 15 inch CVR kickers... I may need to look into the pc fans, i never thought about that! ill steal your idea and give you the credit when i post about it. But ya i love Hifonics, they're strong and look pretty dope too.

As for the guy talking about doing homework and talkin DOWN kickers, theres always goin to be better in someones opinion, but kicker is pretty damn reliable and te quality of the speakers are great. You can get something that sounds great but will only last you 6 months when you try to slap the hardest you can. Ive rolling with kickers for about 6 years and i would have amp damnear turned all the way up and up loud almost everyday and ive never blown any of them out, but i cant say the same for some alpines and Rocksfords that i have had. JL Audos are pretty nice and if you think they arent then you just dont know what your talkin about...

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya which style do you have, do you have the all chrome 1500? or the black one? I had the all chrome 2500 and it had the heating issue, then it just completely blew out and thats when i had 2 15 inch CVR kickers... I may need to look into the pc fans, i never thought about that! ill steal your idea and give you the credit when i post about it. But ya i love Hifonics, they're strong and look pretty dope too.

As for the guy talking about doing homework and talkin DOWN kickers, theres always goin to be better in someones opinion, but kicker is pretty damn reliable and te quality of the speakers are great. You can get something that sounds great but will only last you 6 months when you try to slap the hardest you can. Ive rolling with kickers for about 6 years and i would have amp damnear turned all the way up and up loud almost everyday and ive never blown any of them out, but i cant say the same for some alpines and Rocksfords that i have had. JL Audos are pretty nice and if you think they arent then you just dont know what your talkin about...

JL's are actually rated as #1 subwoofers on several sites, i have a friend who has a silverado 2500HD with a pioneer Double DIN headunit with 2 of those JL 12" subs and they are crazy loud. the W7's are expensive a 10" is 400 with just the subwoofer its self.

·
Registered
48 Posts
JL's are actually rated as #1 subwoofers on several sites, i have a friend who has a silverado 2500HD with a pioneer Double DIN headunit with 2 of those JL 12" subs and they are crazy loud. the W7's are expensive a 10" is 400 with just the subwoofer its self.
Ya i believe it!!, thats why i said JLs are pretty nice, i just wanted to see if dude would try to argue that.. Does your friend have a ported box? or standard box? JLs are damnear the top, but ive gotten pretty close to the same sound with 2 15 inch kickers, and my 3200 watt hifonic amp(it may have been a 3000 watt) i had a 2000 grand prix with that 15s and I cracked my trunk... I forgot what the word is called but I put both postives and both negatives togther wired from the speakers to the amp and it helped bang alot harder, but i was told thats bit good to do.... But i just did it because i got the speakers for free so i wouldnt recommend doing that but yaa.... lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts