Impala Forums banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@kliang298 Your impala looks fantastic! I got two quick questions for you. One, would you be able to take a short video or turn signals and braking lights? I've seen their demo video but I've had a similar set on a previous vehicle and you could barely tell if I was braking. Question two is what type of bulbs are you using for your reverse lights? Yours look just like my old Cadillac DTS and I absolutely love them!

Thanks in advance for your help.

-A marginal Cookie

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I think he's looking for the NEW body style.

I did see these on cadid, and thought they were a GREAT compromise for people who want highly visible "tinted" tails:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Here are some alternate pictures for those taillights - and they look a lot different in these pics (not nearly as dark looking). Not sure which picture is more "accurate", but they are the same lights (found these on Ebay a while ago - same part #):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381385533067

I like the way they look in the pictures from CarID, but not as much in the pics above (a lot less dark).

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
They'll probably look like the second ones, but even a light smoking would almost completely black it out, and you'd still have nearly all of the brightness of the LEDs. Look of dark smoke with output of light.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, I'm just not "sold" on the whole LED thing yet... Someone else mentioned how hard it is to see the other taillights in the daylight (the LED light bar style). I'm not convinced that the LED tails are any brighter than normal tails... Just not sold on them. I actually like the look of the "incandescent" taillight "circles" better than the LED "dotted" circles anyway.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts