Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my federal refund check, so i set a little aside to spend on my car heres what i got so far with about 200-300 bones left to spend.
GMPP Handling Kit- http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=pk12456148
R1Concepts E-line Brake Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors- http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/I...T IMPALA 99-04 Front Drill Slot Brake Rotors
Chrome Halo Headlight Housing- http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=chrome+halo+impala&category0=
Cant Wait!!!
Also looking right now at some lowering springs...already got the anti-pogo washers and shortened dogbones

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I have never driven a car with drilled brake rotors, do they actually make that much difference?

Hope you have fun putting those new parts on your car.

Look forward to pic of the new items installed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have heard both ways that yes, they do help it get a better bite and no, that we stopped using the types of pads that these were designed for years ago...so i dont know. they damn sure look cool though. and for not much more than stock, why not?

·
Registered
557 Posts
GM Performance has lowering kits and all. But hey did you get your handling kit installed yet, I'm really debating if I wanna do it to my car, so I want to know how much different it feels and handles. Let me know.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i ordered it last week, they said it was a special order part which means it cant be returned. i was cool with that but then i get a message today saying that the kit is on back order so theres no telling when it will even come in. as far as handling, do you have a front or rear strut tower brace? i know that some impalas come with the front, but i dont think any come with the rear. the reason i ask: 1. seller by the name of don rome on either clubGP or NAIOA can get you brackets that help the install 1 million %. that rear stb alone will show you a dramatic improvement in handling.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I looked up all the parts through my parts manager at the dealer, GM has is available, but its not set up as a kit like the one you were looking at, its all individual parts. My impala, doesn't have any braces, its stupid, how are they gonna have an SS Impala not have anything, but a Grand Prix GTP has it all

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well this kit comes with one stb, and i already have the front one, so if its for the front, which i think it may very well be, then i dont have a problem selling it to you for minimal fee.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hmmm.... I checked with my parts department, and the sway bar in itself is only like $50 and no shipping charge for me. And I can get the entire kit with the rear brace and all for about $150 no shipping at my cost. So I guess we'll have to see what's gonna happen.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It turns out that I have the whole suspension kit already, but I just don't have the strut tower braces, so I'm ordering them up for mine

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
little update:
got my new drivers hub installed = pain in the ass
got the R1Concepts rotors installed with Duralast Gold Ceramic pads:

Still waiting on the handling kit, who knows when that will come.
headlights should be here on the 22nd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts