Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this as a newbie question as a precaution :confused: Mods please PM me if you move the thread so I'll know where to look for it :biggrin: I have a horrible time with the search feature of this forum (sorry) I'm sure someone else has had this issue.

Alright, I haven't had this happen yet, but I'm just waiting. As everyone knows, you can use the stock radio to shut off the low tire pressure light, and probably other alert lights. I went ahead and changed out the head unit and speakers and put in a whole new sound system. I didn't even think about the potential for not being able to turn off the alerts, although I'd used it in the past to shut them off. I do have a computer that use to scan and read (and shut off) the service engine light, when required, in my more modified cars, but I've tried it in another Impala--same year & engine size-- and it wouldn't shut off the low tire pressure light, although it did shut off the check engine light. So, ideas please, for when spring comes, and I change the winter tires for the summer treads? Or if I actually do get low tire pressure and actually need to turn off this, or any other dash light? Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
1. you can buy a relocation harness and still have your factory HU hooked up in the trunk or elsewhere so as to change those lights and settings.

2. you can reset all those idiot lights by different means, such as pulling the headlight knob in and out 3 times or some crazy sh*t, and pushing the gas pedal to the floor so many times for another light. they should be located in your owners manual. if you dont have one, get a haynes manual, they should be in there too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks. I'm building this into a showcar and won't want the factory headunit hanging around so I'll have to look up the way to do it with the lights, etc. I do have the manual, didn't see it in there, just saw the HU method, but wasn't looking for it. Thanks again. The search feature is a real PITA because of the delay it gives every time it doesn't turn up something :confused:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Alright, thanks. I'm building this into a showcar and won't want the factory headunit hanging around so I'll have to look up the way to do it with the lights, etc. I do have the manual, didn't see it in there, just saw the HU method, but wasn't looking for it. Thanks again. The search feature is a real PITA because of the delay it gives every time it doesn't turn up something :confused:
another way to find posts really easy is to subscribe to the thread u start or have questions waiting to b answered on....... its at the bottom of the text box when u repost a response

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subscribed :biggrin: and thanks for the instruction on how to do it, and the welcome!

So, I don't have the low tire pressure light on right now, but as stated, I'll change over to summer tires soon, it will come on due to the difference in pressure. So, if the manual states: "With the ignition position at ON, pull the interior lamps control to the ON and OFF settings three times." How the heck does this apply to a car with surveillance mode? I don't even know where/how to turn on the interior lights-they haven't worked since I got the car in December. I just have the big manual light in the front (red/white) and the regular interior lights I can't get to come on, so whether this will work I have no idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts