Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce that I have successfully replaced the factory head unit and satellite radio.

I installed a Pioneer stereo with the steering interface in my '07 3LT. I was able to interface my Sirius receiver (integrated into the Pioneer) with the factory installed roof mount antenna and it works great!

I used the PESWIPS steering wheel interface and GMCOL29 stereo interface from Peripheral. It was easy and quick...about an hour and the stereo was in the dash. I mounted the satellite receiver under the passenger seat and implemented an extension coax cable (from Citrus Cables) from the XM satellite receiver antenna which terminated in the trunk.

The stereo sounds great with existing Chevy speakers and is really nice considering I can use the steering wheel controls to operate the aftermarket radio and satellite receiver. I can't wait to add the two 12" subs for some extra bass.

Let me know if you have any questions. This was well worth the effort!

Q

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am pleased to announce that I have successfully replaced the factory head unit and satellite radio.

I installed a Pioneer stereo with the steering interface in my '07 3LT. I was able to interface my Sirius receiver (integrated into the Pioneer) with the factory installed roof mount antenna and it works great!

I used the PESWIPS steering wheel interface and GMCOL29 stereo interface from Peripheral. It was easy and quick...about an hour and the stereo was in the dash. I mounted the satellite receiver under the passenger seat and implemented an extension coax cable (from Citrus Cables) from the XM satellite receiver antenna which terminated in the trunk.

The stereo sounds great with existing Chevy speakers and is really nice considering I can use the steering wheel controls to operate the aftermarket radio and satellite receiver. I can't wait to add the two 12" subs for some extra bass.

Let me know if you have any questions. This was well worth the effort!

Q
I was also planning on a Pioneer AVIC F, they fit perfectly but they're expensive as hell...you know anywhere i can get one for cheap?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Keep searching the net, Crutchfield has/had them on sale for $200 off, I jsut put a D3 in the Envoy, got it for $400 and it was only used for a few months ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just got a good deal on a Pioneer AVH-P4000 and gonna put it in this weekend with the new speakers and now the wife is wanting one for her envoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 ss factory stereo hookups

does the 08 ss factory box have any rca outputs and sub out i want to install 4 speakers and a sub box with 2 amps 1 for sub 1 for 4 speakers any help

thxs
dsldoc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome qball! Could you share with us some pics, or how exactly you got into the dashboard? I'd just like to simply run a power cord for my cell phone, but I have no idea how to even get into the dashboard!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
XM???

why didnt you use the xm antenna on the roof for your install, or did you not have one?

About to buy 4000NEX as well but want to keep xm and bose amp setup with one added 12 SWS 12D4 sub

1 - 7 of 7 Posts