Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let me start by introducing myself! My name is Tom, and I have a 2008 Impala SS. :beer:

Ok, so I just joined here for many reasons. But number one reason, I wanted more options/expense wise, cat-backs for our cars, as well as catless downpipes. I have a company I have used before, they make EXCELLENT exhaust systems. Here is my problem. When I contacted them about my car and wanting to purchase a system from them, they said I need to gather 10-15 people and they will make a kit for our cars.

This is the company: Mandrel Exhaust Systems - Featuring Mandrel Bends - Catback, Downpipe

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Email them and advise them you would like a catback for your 2006 and up V8 Impala's too!!!

They use magnaflow, borla and corsa mufflers and then use there own piping. Catbacks usually got for $300 shipped!!! That totally beats paying $800 for name brand magnaflow kits.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ok, let me start by introducing myself! My name is Tom, and I have a 2008 Impala SS. :beer:

Ok, so I just joined here for many reasons. But number one reason, I wanted more options/expense wise, cat-backs for our cars, as well as catless downpipes. I have a company I have used before, they make EXCELLENT exhaust systems. Here is my problem. When I contacted them about my car and wanting to purchase a system from them, they said I need to gather 10-15 people and they will make a kit for our cars.

This is the company: Mandrel Exhaust Systems - Featuring Mandrel Bends - Catback, Downpipe

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Email them and advise them you would like a catback for your 2006 and up V8 Impala's too!!!

They use magnaflow, borla and corsa mufflers and then use there own piping. Catbacks usually got for $300 shipped!!! That totally beats paying $800 for name brand magnaflow kits.
I would be so down if I didn't already have a magnaflow. Im sure if you could get some clips of what it would sound like you could have some luck. Maybe ask that company if they have any other GM 5.3 V8 mufflers and search for sound clips of those or see if they have em

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No sound clips available because they don't make one for our car yet. However, it would sound the same as the company's out there now(magnaflow, borla, and corsa) because they use their mufflers, but make the rest themselves. And yes, this is would be a complete cat-back system with tips included. I don't work for this company. I just really want an exhaust and they sell them for a great price!!! Name brand mufflers without name brand prices!!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hell I would like a catback for my SS for a price like that.. Otherwise I am going with just mufflers with some new chrome pipes out the back..

·
Registered
913 Posts
No sound clips available because they don't make one for our car yet. However, it would sound the same as the company's out there now(magnaflow, borla, and corsa) because they use their mufflers, but make the rest themselves.

If they use the same kind of piping as the big companies they'll sound the same, but if they use cheap shit and slap some MF's on there they'll sound different.

Just sayin

It does sound like a good deal though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do they use all Stainless Steel exhaust tubing?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ x2

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, stainless steel tubing will be an option. They also use aluminum for cheaper price. However, they do great work and do not use cheap crap

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
You could always go to a shop and have them fab one. That's what I had done. $300 installed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems sketchy.. what part of chicago are you from
How the hell is it sketchy???? I'm from just outside of Chicago in the northwest suburbs. I am not selling these exhausts. I am trying to rally up 10 guys who want a cheaper option for a cat-back because I refuse to pay $800 for a magnaflow exhaust. I submitted the link to the shop that makes the exhaust in my first post.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Let's not get hostile, everyone has a right to be skeptical. You came on here and then post this as your first post.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts