Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still have to change the oil in the S/C and the engine, then I'll take it out for a test run! I can't wait to see what kind of difference it will make.

·
Registered
358 Posts
IIRC he has a 3.4 pulley..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did you install the pulley yourself? I just picked up a 3.4 pulley for mine and i cant seem to get the pulley on all they way.

what other mods do you have on your car man!

·
Registered
358 Posts
unless you have a modular pully you might need a special tool to change them properly
you need a special tool to change both press on & modular pulley's properly!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
05ss is correct, it was a 3.4" pulley.

Put approx 30,000 miles on her with no issues, I have since moved on to bigger and better things.

Bought car Nov 21 2007 with 34,000 miles, as of yesterday I just clicked off 93,000 miles and she has never run stronger!

Edit: I just went ahead and bought a pulley removal tool. I went with the pulley boys tool, three bolts instead of two.

A little tip though, make sure that you have the small rod threaded far enoungh into the supercharger shaft when you are putting the pulley back on. I stripped out some of the threads but was lucky and was able to still put the new pulley on after re-threading the S/C Shaft.

I learned another tid bit the other day, make sure that all the powder coat is cleaned out from the inside of the shaft hole in the pulley. If not the pulley will fuse itself for the shaft and it makes it VERY difficult to get the pulley back off. Thank GOD I was at Thrasher Performance when I decided to take the 3.4" pulley off and replace it, we had to lightly torch the 3.4" pulley to melt the powder coat that I fused with the shaft. It could have been a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So again, when putting on a powder coated press on pulley, make sure to take emery paper and clean out ALL of the powder coat on the inside of the hole. You will that me when you go to take that pulley off

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.....even smaller pulley now and averaging 25+ mpg and I drive a lot and drive it hard! Getting about 330 to 350 miles before the low fuel light comes on, from what it was stock that is a huge improvement.

·
Registered
86 Posts
.....even smaller pulley now and averaging 25+ mpg and I drive a lot and drive it hard! Getting about 330 to 350 miles before the low fuel light comes on, from what it was stock that is a huge improvement.
Man i have to work this MPG thing out... I'm not close to 330.... you have 10% E85 in your gas where you stay?

·
Registered
358 Posts
post some time slips ;)
you scanning for knock? did you go 3.2 or 3.0 this time
WHAT 3.0 or 3.2 i dont see rockers/cam/or I/C in your mods. can you say KNOCK KNOCK

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
well he HAD a 3.4 then i saw this post :p
if he has a 3.2 or lower with out valvetrain upgrades or I/C then we will be saying he HAD an L67 :)
id like to know what the KR is w/this "smaller" pulley. i know i have my SLP'S & got up to 7* with a 3.5 no tune.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ouch 7* most guys can run a 3.4/3.5 w/ headers and only see a few degrees, you get a colder range plug yet (i like AL104s), DEF need a tune though!
ya i know man :( i have AL104's in. i want to port & polish my TB also i would like to port & polish my extra m90 that i have. im just not sure if how & what to port & polish lol. i have a write up on the throttle body but not the case. i cant wait to get my trans done so i can get a tune & see where i stand as far as KR.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts