Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s always a cool thing in life. When the decision is made to go car shopping.

My current 2015 2LT has 117k miles on it (yes I drive a lot). And to this date I have yet to replace the factory brakes. Still have 25% wear left on them.

However the tires are starting to get low in tread, the suspension is feeling signs of wear, rims have a few scuffs. So yesterday I said screw it and walked into a dealer to check out options on something.....newer/nicer

I pulled the trigger and have an ‘18 on it’s way on a truck with 2 miles on it. Trade in was a little less than desirable but I negotiated with them. And ended up shaking hands. Brand new, Premier LTZ midnight edition. God I love black cars. IMO it’s worth the effort keeping them clean cause a black car freshly cleaned is the BEST looking car hands down.

I’ll post real pics when it shows up on wed.

How did you obtain your impalas. Did you feel like a kid at Christmas when you got handed your keys?? I love this excited anticipation feeling.

And the smell of a brand new car.......just awesome

IMG_0638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
A tree limb fell on my 2010 Malibu and we happened to have it already appraised by the dealer a week before it happened. We were looking at that time at the 2014 9th gens already. Insurance company took over ten days to decide whether to fix or total it. After a week I told the dealer to find a blue topaz 1lt and get it ready.

Pat

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2014 2LT with about 82.000 miles on it and still on original brakes but second set of tires. My plan is to pay it off in about a year and a half and keep it forever! When I'm ready for my next vehicle, I'll have the Impala as a back up. In 2014, I was waiting for repairs to be done on my 2008 Saturn Aura and decided to check out the showroom. I had barely seen the new Impala prior to that but when I saw it in person, I had to have it. I only had 1 payment left on the Saturn so I made a quick decision to trade it in for the Impala. Best car I've ever owned so far.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't get excited anymore! With the 2017 Silverado 4x4 double cab that we purchased a little over a year ago. That makes 26 new ones for spouses and myself over the last 30 years of legal purchasing age.

Pat

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it comes from being terrible in finances 7 years ago. Where I was pretty much living out of my car.

Started my own business and 7 years later I’m able to do this. Feels good to do, such a struggle back then and really had to bust my butt

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
I've always liked shopping for cars - whether it be new or used. I've honestly never purchased a brand-new car though. To me, buying a 2-3 year-old car with low mileage just seems to be so much better financially. I got my 2012 with 19k miles for about half the price of new.

But yes, love buying cars! :)

Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My parents sold me there 2008 Lt for cheap after I totaled my Cavalier. Then I got a better paying job 1 year later and decided to buy a 2009 Impala SS. I did feel like a kid on Christmas when I started up the engine for the first time and heard the V8 rumble!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
NICE!

My wife wrecked our 13 Malibu and we went looking at the new Impalas. We found a certified pre owned 15 LT2 in another state and drove down to look at it and it was beautiful, and had even more options than we wanted. Of course we snagged it right then and were so excited. We just got back from a 3,000 mile trip and now it has almost 30,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Always nice to make an upgrade in vehicle for sure.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Midnight edition, you would think it would have darker factory tinted windows. But that is a sharp ride, congrats.

Was in the market for a new 3/4 ton truck a while back and was looking very seriously at the chevy crew cab midnight edition. Had some unfortunate financial situations take place that put that on the back burner for a while, but yeah nice to be able to buy new cars/trucks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went with ceramic window tint, really pops more. The color is vivid and it cuts out like 70% UV rays. So the interior stays cooler and doesn’t want to essentially ‘melt’ in the summer

·
Registered
750 Posts
TJ, I've been browsing the site looking at audio setups guys have done and whatnot, trying to get fresh ideas in mind for my new setup in my limited impala. Did you remove all of your audio equipment from your 15' before you traded her in?

Just curious, as I had a lot of car audio in my old impala and I removed it all before trading her in.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TJ, I've been browsing the site looking at audio setups guys have done and whatnot, trying to get fresh ideas in mind for my new setup in my limited impala. Did you remove all of your audio equipment from your 15' before you traded her in?

Just curious, as I had a lot of car audio in my old impala and I removed it all before trading her in.

Yes I did, the subwoofer by itself was $1500 so not just a ya, but a hell ya lol. For sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
A tree limb fell on my 2010 Malibu and we happened to have it already appraised by the dealer a week before it happened.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts