Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a good friend's car.. '66 Impala we are building for an event later in the year..... We put the cage in it a couple years ago and it has just been waiting for it's time... He got it painted and new glass installed now it time to started on the rest of it. One of the first things is converting a Chevelle Wilwood brake system work on a big car since they didn't offer one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe ssbc makes a big brake kit for these.
I believe your right, the car already had a Master Power disc conversion on it but we are going low weight... Got to get the barge down to about 3800lbs. Lighter is faster!:3gears: 3800lb.s and 1200 h.p. should net us about a 8.50 e.t and about 160 mph 1/4 mile. :hope:

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Ah gotcha! In that case, I would do a one off chassis with whatever you wanted on it. We did a one off chassis in our 53 Chevy and did the nova suspension up front with coil overs and big brakes and a for 9 inch out back with coil overs. It rode very very nice. I'm anxious to see what you guys have.in store!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We like doing the stock suspension thing... We have done a few chassis cars.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I for got about this thread.. Got way to busy... To get up to speed I got the brakes all fabricated and have made a few more sets for some other people since then. We didn't make Dragweek 2014. the car was together but we were fighting over heating issues... The car had a Chief headed 632 w/nitrous. ATI powerglide transmission with a Gear Vendors overdrive... We fixed the overheating issues and made the 2014 Dragweek event and went a 8.93 @ 150 on the first ever 1/4 mile pass lifting at the 1000' mark. Not bad for a 4450lbs.. We headed out that afternoon to Topeka and started breaking rocker arms 300 miles into the trip. We put the spares on and drove on into Topeka and decided to call it. We knew we would continue to break rockers.. So for this years we changed the whole setup and went to a Fuel injected, twin-turbo 427 BBC.. We made the whole trip and never have the valve covers off, but we fought boost issues all week.. I am currently fixing the boost issues by installing and relocating larger wastegates on the car..

632 BBC

And here is the TT setup..

You can see the build thread here..

First set of turbo headers.. Wish me luck..

Here is a clip of the car running.

https://youtu.be/fTmnQKFJuDs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts