Impala Forums banner

Choose your weapon

• Supercharger

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Turbo (single,twin turbo,traditional mount or sts type rear mount)

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Neither, ALL MOTOR BABY!!

Votes: 25 46.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, lets take a survey on who likes what better... Supercharger or Turbo (single,twin turbo,traditional mount or sts type rear mount)

·
Registered
358 Posts
turbo's & all motor are bad ass but i love SUPERCHARGER'S they are sick!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
All motor...engine is far more responsive that way. Turbo lag can be annoying. Superchargers are alright but with forced induction you can't run really high compression, and nothing sounds badass like a V8 with super aggressive cams and high compression.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
From my work as an aircraft mechanic turbos are the way to go:biggrin:. And twin are more fun then singles. Turbos have more punch than the SC. Blending an SC with Turbo sounds like an engine's death threat to me.

Ultimite fun IMHO would be an LS9 with twin turbos and nitrous packed in my Impala:cool:and keeping it all hidden.:wink:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Turbo. The type depends on the car, though.

Turbos can be setup to nearly eliminate lag... those Mazda wagons essentially have no lag, even though they are single-scroll.

BMW has twins, and they also have lag pretty much eliminated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ALL MOTOR, I used to drive a 65 Cutlass F85 with a chevy 355, 292 comp cam, Edelbrock everything(Intake, Fuel pump, torker II springs, gear drive,and chrome), a holley 670cfm Street avenger, hooker headers, 3" tru duels with flowmaster super 40's, TH350 with a 2200 Stall and a 12bolt with no Clips, moser axlels, and 3.55 gears in a eaton posi. I would get looks everywhere I went, before I got there. You could hear me comin without king kong in the trunk(Had a 14gal fuel cell instead).
I LOVE ALL MOTOR!

Didn't mean to Steal a thread. Sorry.....ALL MOTOR(In a whisper)

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
gotta go with the charger baby

·
Registered
14 Posts
I prefer all motor with a monstorous cam:biggrin: Of boosted cars i like turbos for power but love the look of a blower thru the hood of a muscle car. 77Impala, you can turbo and sc a car if the motor will hold. There are cobra mustangs out there with the factory blower and twin turbos putting down 1000+hp at the wheels!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like superchargers and prochargers, but that may be becuase i'm into high performance powerboats :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Super Charger

Gots to be super charged...but gotta love dem twin turbo's...choices..choices...

·
Registered
86 Posts
:eusa_think: I love all motor and supercharger builds but it will always be Turbo's FTMFW :icon_madu:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
:cool:
ALL MOTOR, I used to drive a 65 Cutlass F85 with a chevy 355, 292 comp cam, Edelbrock everything(Intake, Fuel pump, torker II springs, gear drive,and chrome), a holley 670cfm Street avenger, hooker headers, 3" tru duels with flowmaster super 40's, TH350 with a 2200 Stall and a 12bolt with no Clips, moser axlels, and 3.55 gears in a eaton posi. I would get looks everywhere I went, before I got there. You could hear me comin without king kong in the trunk(Had a 14gal fuel cell instead).
I LOVE ALL MOTOR!

Didn't mean to Steal a thread. Sorry.....ALL MOTOR(In a whisper)

ok so ive experiinced both and i lvoe driving turbo subarus so it would be a hard choice but all motor is sick also... but the sc do make some horses i wouldnt mind driving 1!!!!!

i do like the blow off sound and such that a turbo makes and wouldnt mind putting twins on an lt1 1 smaller and 1 bigger ( to eliminate or help stop lag of course) !!!!!!!:biggrin::eek::cool:

·
Registered
624 Posts
they all have pros and cons both are plumbers nitemares with all the tubing and a +1 on coolness in the looks when done, i lean toward the s/c , but bottom line is getting it all tune properly and spending the $$ to do the bottom end and drive train etc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts