Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a cold air intake,throtlebody spacer,IATemp extention wire, 3.4 pully swap with quick change,a reprogrameg pcm,and a shift kit for my 04 impala ss any body got any concerns or expectations for me before i install it?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
There is a sticky in the 7th gen engine performance forum for supporting mods on the 3800sc might wanna check it out

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Why do people keep buying shit and THEN ask about it? Yes, there are problems. First off, a throttlebody spacer is totally useless unless you plan to use it for nitrous injection, which would make a supercharged motor explode. Secondly, dropping the pulley size with no supporting mods will also make it explode.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Why do people keep buying shit and THEN ask about it? Yes, there are problems. First off, a throttlebody spacer is totally useless unless you plan to use it for nitrous injection, which would make a supercharged motor explode. Secondly, dropping the pulley size with no supporting mods will also make it explode.
x2 alot of money wasted because you didnt research and potential to blow your motor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came on this site six months ago and many people said you could go as low as3.4 safely and I had the pcm programed for it also many people said the spacer wouldgive it a nice wistleing sound as well as help

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
your gonna get a huge amount of kr with that small of a pulley you probaly will lose power.

What is your pcm programmed too 91 or 93 octane fuel?

Get a
ubend delete
colder plugs
colder thermostat
then consider a smaller pulley

i know that a spacer will not increase your power as far as a whistle i couldn't tell you. Im not into random whistles in my car.

Also don't be surprised if the weak transmission blows with the pulley drop. so be ready to drop some cash on a built trans

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Geez you guys are getting hyped up over nothing. I bet he didn't even buy these parts.

Pics or bs

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Nobody is getting hyped up, real or not, we are just trying to prevent bad information from being spread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts