Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't see any louvers, just a window covering.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, honestly, I don't get it... What is the point of covering the window that kind of sets the Impala apart from a lot of other cars? Definitely not a fan of the overall look either. Just my opinion though!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
x3 on not my style but hey thats whats awesome between car guys, We can respect your style and respect the work that went into it even if we dont see the vision you do.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
^^Agreed. I tend to be conservative with my mods and keep the car very factory-like (as Ryd calls it, "Factory Plus")! Obviously, the OP is on the other end of the spectrum and like the car to be VERY un-stock-like! :)

Like you said, that's what is nice about car modding - everyone can do their own thing.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I too am "factory plus" at most. I respect others choices though. In this case if you like it - that's all that matters. To me, there is a lot going on from the rear edge of your rear door back - kind of busy. Also, with the chrome window surround trim remaining, it looks a little too "tacked on" and takes away from the fluidity of the car (ie. less sleek - looks taller). Have you thought about maybe removing or painting white the window surround chrome trim in just that one area? Again though , props for doing it different than most and thank you for sharing.

Reactions: patyson and RYD SLO

·
Registered
811 Posts
I thought about buying the 3rd window cover awhile back, but decided against it.
It doesn't look bad at all to me, just a little too busy with the dodge charger vinyl IMO.
But I tend to be more "factory plus" like some of the other members. Your car is definitely unique and different so that's a plus! :eek:k3:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its soo funny that all of you my not like it! But that's so funny on how I get soo many compliments everynight when I drive at night. Sorry you don't like it but that's so funny when I have put soo much money into my car that looks good, but oh yeah!! I forgot I got Car of the month and none of you don't! Awesome plain cars, wow they look like every other car out there. At least mine stands out...

·
Registered
76 Posts
AZ to each his own...we all have different tastes and styles its what makes us unique...
what works for one may not work for the next but as long as your happy, well isn't it that what matters?....I will admit I am amongst the factory plus guys but time to time i get a bug to try to do something different...I did it on my Sonoma and it worked out just had to do things a lil different from time to time thats all but good luck to ya!

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Not really a fan of these, then again, I've never been a fan of the window "scoops" for these cars. With the logo and the vinyl, I think it just looks too busy. If it were one or the other, I think it would look better.

Its soo funny that all of you my not like it! But that's so funny on how I get soo many compliments everynight when I drive at night. Sorry you don't like it but that's so funny when I have put soo much money into my car that looks good, but oh yeah!! I forgot I got Car of the month and none of you don't! Awesome plain cars, wow they look like every other car out there. At least mine stands out...
I get that it doesn't feel good when you post something that you think looks awesome, and other people aren't really feeling it. But I don't really appreciate this response, for a number of reasons. The people you're responding to have very nice, highly modded cars. They definitely stand out, and are certainly not "plain." Not all of them have IOTM, but not all of them enter IOTM either. You've gotta enter to win! Finally, yes, you have put a lot of money in the car, and it does stand out and look good. But I can guarantee you I have just as much money in my car as you do yours (minus the purchase price of course). Just because you can't always see the money that goes into something, doesn't mean it isn't there. For instance, you have a $1000+ hood while I have a $1000+ stereo system.

For reference, the "OEM+" look is not meant to look plain. The goal is to look clean and "custom" while not going over the top, using OEM or OEM-like appearance parts. The end result looks like something that could have come from the factory as a special edition, but not quite.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I agree! To each there own. I personally don't like it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As Ryd said there are many many people who have mods. Some do smaller mods and others do bigger. I get compliments daily. Everyone has their own taste. I also have $1300 into my system. You might not notice but I also have almost $500 into my headlights. As I said. Each to their own.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Another IOTM car here as well. And mine is somewhere in between "stock plus" and outright custom. If money wasn't a factor, mine would already be done the way I want - engine/drivetrain, interior, exterior, everything. But I do little by little and it gets done when it can. And I too get all kinds of comments on my car as well all the time, whether at car shows or just being out and about. Again, each person's ride is as unique and individual, which is why everyone else looks at each other's rides for inspiration and ideas for their own.

To me, the 3rd window louvers only look right on certain cars like Mustangs. I just don't think they look right on the Impala. But like everyone else has said, that is the beauty of everyone's different tastes and choice in mods on their cars. How some like to debadge while I like badges. I would love to have your hood, but I would rather spend that same amount on engine mods or a new set of wheels...

In the end, as long as your happy with what you do with your ride, that is all that is important. Some will like what you do, while others won't like certain things about it. It's not going to appeal and appease everyone. The car itself is the base platform to start with.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Again, those are not louvers. This Mustang has window louvers.

I don't care how much money someone spent, how much it stands out or if they won any car of the month contest online. You can do all of those things and more and your car can still not look good.

I like the hood on your car Arizona7735 but I would have left the car all white and definitely left the black stripes and window covers off. It's not my car though so do what matters to you. It is my opinion though and that is all that matters to me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Props for trying something different but...

I believe the quarter window is one of the best looking features of this car. The entire window structure looks like one piece. The scoop really breaks it up and does not flow. I think it would look 100x better if you painted the scoop black and had the impala logo in white. Along with tinted windows and gloss black pillar covers, I think it would tie together much better.

Sorry man but I don't like it as is... and I have a IOTM win. :icon_smile:

Plus I have seen some gaudy cars win IOTM so its not the be all end all of taste.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
OP: How much you spent on mods is not interesting to me. What is interesting is style choices, how much time you spent doing work yourself, original ideas etc.

You should not ask for opinions if you don't really want anything but glowing praises. You asked, we answered - very respectfully I might add. Nobody said :" OMG that's but ugly tacky ". Rather, people gave their opinions and many, including myself sincerely complimented you on your originality. You had no need to attack others cars. You asked for opinions on your mod, we did not ask for opinions on our cars. If we do, then you can give them honestly and respectfully.

As for IOTM, some people just don't enter. I never entered with my 09 SS or 14 Limited. Contests are just not my thing. Also, sometimes I vote for originality and effort even though I may not like a car and it does not suit my personal tastes. Winning IOTM is cool, but it's not validation that you have made wise modification choices.

If you would like me to close this thread so you don't have to read any other opinions (that you asked for), just let know.

Reactions: carlos64030

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I spent $150 on my new Impala for mods and I won IOTM. Get over yourself.

It looks OK, but not everyone has to like it. It's YOUR car, if YOU like it, then enjoy it. People are allowed to have dissenting opinions, if you don't like that maybe a forum isn't the place for you.

·
Registered
8/14 IOTM~2003 LSSport,Overkilled,Custom CAI,Res delete,SLP Superflo's,GMPP Kit,DR brackets
320 Posts
Another IOTM here...HUMILITY is obviously not part of Arizona's makeup.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts