Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the series 3800+v6 and the bowtie? i like the look, as i am a fan of black. Was there anything i missed in the shot?
Going to paint the whole grill (except for the plastic chrome) body color later on

Work in progress... got to get some more paint.

were can I get some in a can that will match?? Going to do the exterior trim (shopping cart bumper)also

Plus I going to order some new California black/yellow plates as well.

I hope they get enough pre-orders for them :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
We have a place locally (car quest) that can put your colour code into paint cans and spray cans. It's more than your average can but at least it matches.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We have a place locally (car quest) that can put your colour code into paint cans and spray cans. It's more than your average can but at least it matches.
Yeah I have one of them close by.

I did the v6 you just did not see it in the photo because of the angle

also Photoshopped image of what it will look like I used flash and yes it would actually look that bright since the newer ones will be reflective.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Cool man ... looks great

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the body color center on going to get the left and right ,now i'll order them in a few days

·
Banned
748 Posts
Wait its legal to black the license plate ?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You own the license plate. I would imagine as long as the police can read the state and plate number, there shouldn't be a problem.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
The op plans on ordering a special license plate he said so he wont be painting his.

But that is interesting if you can paint one if you want to.

I know around here they have the scanners on the trunks the runs the plate of all cars around the police car as he is driving. I wonder if paint would interfere with that or if its legal to do anything to your plates.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I really don't think its legal to do anything to your plates. At all. Really strongly feelin this one. I may be wrong. Anyone? Todd?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
License plate's belong to the state of origin. Just b/c you paid for it doesn't mean you own it. Even repainting a license plate the same way/color is illegal. Very unlikely an office would realize or even say anything but, it is illegal.

To OP: Paint the plastic hood latch cover (in between crossmember and and grill). I did this a while back along with painting the crossmember (upper), braces, etc.

Also I would take a look at the lower radiator support. A very common place for rust problems. Save yourself the headaches in the future and take a wire brush and some rustoleum paint to it.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Around Here. No. They will pull you over and call for three back ups and a K9 cuz you gotta be into some shady shit or a moron to paint your plates.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The op plans on ordering a special license plate he said so he wont be painting his.

But that is interesting if you can paint one if you want to.

I know around here they have the scanners on the trunks the runs the plate of all cars around the police car as he is driving. I wonder if paint would interfere with that or if its legal to do anything to your plates.
Yes the plates are custom order from the state fairly cheap and 100% legal to use and register. They are available to any car year.

also it's only $50 for a custom plate and custom tag#

Choices are yellow/black Black/yellow Blue/Yellow

custom or random tag # upto 7 digits.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_20.htm

·
Registered
145 Posts
man i wish we could get custom plates around here!

When I aked the chick if she had anything with SS or LS3 on it she looked at me and said that its not wal-mart.......

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
man i wish we could get custom plates around here!

When I aked the chick if she had anything with SS or LS3 on it she looked at me and said that its not wal-mart.......
Yeah I going to try and get a 6 digit plate. since it can be 2 to 7 digit

Heres a shot of the center on got to get the left and right

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts