Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 95 impala SS. And i wanted to make it look slick so I got myself a paint job for it. Since i got a paint job I wanted to keep it clean so i got a car cover form carscover.com. It looked like a decent car cover. But now that i have the cover i'm worried to put it on. Because i'm worried that it might damage my new paint job. So what do you guys think? should i return it or put it on?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

Yes is not an answer, if it is, to which question does it pertain? Anyhow, Do not put anything on your new paint, do not wash your car at a carwash-use a bucket,good CAR WASH liquid and a soft wash mitt to wash, dont wash it in direct sunlight if its too warm and only dry it with micro fiber towels, avoid shammies and the like.

If ever a bird finds your car a nice target, stop whatever your doing and clean it! That stuff will eat thru paint very fast.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes is not an answer, if it is, to which question does it pertain? Anyhow, Do not put anything on your new paint, do not wash your car at a carwash-use a bucket,good CAR WASH liquid and a soft wash mitt to wash, dont wash it in direct sunlight if its too warm and only dry it with micro fiber towels, avoid shammies and the like.

If ever a bird finds your car a nice target, stop whatever your doing and clean it! That stuff will eat thru paint very fast.
Now does all this apply for a certain time after getting a new paint job or forever? I didn't know that bird poop could be so corrosive. Also whats your stance on wax and new paint jobs?

Also I know that not all paint jobs are created equal. For instance a Maaco ambassador paint job (which I asume just a mask and paint once quick job, no sanding, preimer, bondo, etc) is priced cheap because it is cheap. I had a friend tell me that he got a job done on his mustang once and it started peeling from the hood up because he drived fast a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts