Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Did you get exhaust tips?????:D

It makes a big difference..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No tips yet. Too many irons in the fire to worry about. Top it off with a new layer of snow and some really cold temps. Not real happy having to work outside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Still playing with pictures. I forget from forum to forum the procedure to attach a file I quit using a hosting site when they held all of out pictures hostage on another forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Still playing with pictures. I forget from forum to forum the procedure to attach a file I quit using a hosting site when they held all of out pictures hostage on another forum.
try the tapatalk app on a smart device. it auto sizes and formats the photos to work seamlessly. takes the hassle out of uploading once you get to the thread you're working on.you log in with the same account you use for these forums.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Interesting thing happened the other day. The fan for the heat/air would not kick on. Didn't seem to matter what I did with any of the controls. About 10 minutes later the fan popped on and it's been fine since then. Need to research this before warm weather hits. Any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bought a remote start kit the other day. It's a FLASHLOGIC model FLRSGM10 on Ebay for $130. It's truly a plug and play unit. Supply the seller with your vehicle info and they flash it and send it your way. Unplug two plugs from under the steering column, plug in the T harness, plug in the unit. Turn the key on and wait for the unit to be recognized and it is installed. The hardest part was getting the plastic cover off the column. Uses the stock remote by pressing the lock button three times and she starts right up. Lots of Chevy install videos on the net. Written instructions are nonexistent.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting thing happened the other day. The fan for the heat/air would not kick on. Didn't seem to matter what I did with any of the controls. About 10 minutes later the fan popped on and it's been fine since then. Need to research this before warm weather hits. Any ideas?
Maybe loose wire or fuse?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bought a remote start kit the other day. It's a FLASHLOGIC model FLRSGM10 on Ebay for $130. It's truly a plug and play unit. Supply the seller with your vehicle info and they flash it and send it your way. Unplug two plugs from under the steering column, plug in the T harness, plug in the unit. Turn the key on and wait for the unit to be recognized and it is installed. The hardest part was getting the plastic cover off the column. Uses the stock remote by pressing the lock button three times and she starts right up. Lots of Chevy install videos on the net. Written instructions are nonexistent.
Nice

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
T-stat failed yesterday. Car overheated and bubbled out quite a bit of coolant. Today's project was to get it replaced and talk about a PITA. Housing is below the throttle body and above the transmission. Three bolts and four hoses equal four hours of work to complete the task. Sure glad I had access to a good set of tools.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Traced this to the blower control resister. Located under the dash forward of the blower. PITA. Blower now works as it should.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Had to replace a blend door motor last week. Not to bad a job. Small hands would be a blessing when working under the dash of any car. Lots of videos online to show how its done.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts